Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Program Effectiveness Research Specialist II
As part of a collaborative Global team, this role contributes to advancing organizational knowledge and programmatic effectiveness. As an advocate for evidence-informed programs, this role will be primarily responsible for supporting Program Effectiveness Research efforts in Africa to in turn support Compassion’s child development programs, leadership decision-making and marketing platforms. It will provide high level programmatic advice and consulting to National Offices and Global Ministry Center counterparts. Using deep knowledge and expertise of program research areas, the role will build “Trusted Partnership” relationships with National Offices and be seen as a valuable resource for National Office Programmatic needs.
This position will be located in either Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Togo, or Uganda. Candidates must be able to legally live and be employed in one of these countries
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Serves as the primary point of contact and research assistance for global quantitative and qualitative research studies in their region.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, research proposal input, stakeholder engagement, literature reviews, country-level method contextualization, sample and participant selection, recruitment and training of data collectors, coordination and management of data collection, budget tracking, assistance with data cleaning, analysis and report editing as required.
- Serves as a liaison between field, region and global offices to build seamless cooperation, consistency and efficiency in program effectiveness research efforts, standards and quality at every level of the organization.
- Proactively advises regional and field offices in their program research needs and strategies using appropriate field experience, technical expertise, published resources and ongoing professional learning.
- Identifies effective practices across National Offices and sometimes across regions. Promotes the sharing and adapting of effective practices across the region.
- Effectively promotes the value of research and rigorous methodology in information gathering and shaping program design.
- Education: Masters degree in economics, econometrics, applied psychology, international development, social sciences, public policy or equivalent, with major components that include research methodology, ideally quantitative and qualitative designs. In the absence of a masters degree, a Bachelors degree with appropriate and significant hands-on experience may be considered.
- Experience: 3 years recent hands-on research experience in the African context, ideally in both quantitative and qualitative approaches and/or in cross-cultural settings that include child and/or community development, public health, or similar. Demonstrated experience in establishing strong working cross-functional and multi-cultural relationships and constantly advocate for high-quality research in international field countries. Experience presenting research findings to small and large groups of non-researchers.
- Certifications/Licensing: N/A
- Other Required Skills: Proficiency in MS Office, databases, STATA (or other statistical programs and willingness to learn STATA), and literature review. Excellent and creative communication skills, both written and verbal in English, as well as, ideally, in at least one of the languages spoken in Compassion field countries.