Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular, the incumbent will undertake the tasks outlined below:
- Assist in financial budget revisions, monitoring and reporting of Regional PRM funded project summarizing activities and expenses by implementing missions in the region and analyzing the variances of actual expenditures against budgets by location.
- Regularly monitor the financial activities of the countries implementing the PRM funded project and update the Regional Resource Management Officer on any concerns or matters that require further action/follow up.
- Verify internal control systems are implemented in the different missions implementing PRM Funded project, and advise the Regional Resource Management Officer of any potential weaknesses and suggest appropriate recommendations
- Monitor expenditures in line with budgets and in coordination with the RRMO,initiate follow up action with project managers and RMOs in respective missions for instances where budget lines have been exceeded or not utilized in line withthe work plan
- In coordination with the Regional Resource Management Officer, verify the financial reports submitted by implementing missions including the necessary annexes like assets inventories, and forward these documents including the proofof verification to the donor.
- Monitor and verify billing of Programme staff for private use of IOM assets such as private car usage and personal calls and ensure recording in PRISM
- 7. File and update all official documents, agreements, amendments as well as correspondences with the donor and missions on any modifications to the original budget or work plan and activities
- Prepare settlement of travel authorizations for Programme staff in Nairobi and ensure that calculations in expense claim are conforming to the travel rules and regulations.
- Assist Programme staff in booking their travel with Operations department, raisetheir TA’s and security clearance and ensure that they are duly authorized.
- 1Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other related field with three years’ professional experience, CPA II or higher will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of SAP accounting system, generally accepted accounting principles and audit/review procedures
- Prior work experience in an international organization is an added advantage.
- Prior experience on financial monitoring of European Union funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Ability to analyze and interpret source information and data; capable of designing, reviewing and revising business processes to achieve efficiency.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drives for results, creative thinking, organized,accurate.
- Ability to work effectively with people at different levels within and outside the organization and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to draft correspondence and communicate effectively.
Fluent written and spoken English.
How to apply:
Submit a motivational letter and updated CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to:International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, send via e-mailto firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.