Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
The core responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Ensure efficient running of the petty cash system;
- Day to day maintenance of the petty cash, this includes: disbursement, reconciling and replenishing;
- Ensure that petty cash funds are physically secured and attended by an authorized person at all times.
- Post petty cash transactions into QuickBooks and complete the posting process;
- Perform checks of the posting process, ensuring that vouchers and other internal forms are duly signed, attach supporting documents, spot errors, report on any omissions and suggest ways to improve efficiency;
- Ensure transactions are processed in accordance with procedures and controls.
- Assist with receivable and payable reconciliations;
- Assist with bank reconciliations;
- Ensure staff account for expense advances in a timely manner;
- Conduct expense advance reconciliations;
- Review staff telephone bills statements.
Documentation and Filing:
- Chronologically file processed financial documents;
- Print out monthly reconciliation reports for signing and filing;
- Disburse monthly statutory deductions and returns, including pension, withholding tax, NHIF, NSSF, PAYE within the statutory period;
- Archive and store files and other documents in compliance with statutory requirements and in accordance with procedures laid down.
- Assist the finance team to prepare for the year-end external audit.
Monthly Reports & Budgeting:
- Assist the Finance Officer in preparing reports and support the budgeting process.
Internal Spot Checks:
- Assist the Finance Officer to conduct internal spot checks.
- Backstop for the Finance Officer;
- Responsible for operating the bulk message platform.
- Minimum CPA II qualification.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS office.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other related field; is an added advantage.
- Current Police Clearance Certificate.