Admin & Management Jobs
Submit CV Here
Kenya Market Development Advisor, Power Africa Off-grid Program
Kenya Market Development Advisor will provide direct advice to solar home system (SHS) and mini-grid (MG) companies. The advisor will act as a market facilitator for companies entering the Kenyan market, and/or supporting existing companies looking to scale up operations. The Advisor will link private developers and entrepreneurs with suitable sources of project development finance.
- Support off-grid companies to enter underserved Kenyan markets; including engaging with private sector, county governments and other organizations with presence in underserved markets.
- Develop strategies to help off-grid companies expand beyond current operation areas including: development of a scalable agent recruitment, initial sales agent training program, reverse logistics, among others.
- Facilitate partnerships between off-grid companies and potential NGO partners and MFIs
- Support national industry associations and local chapters of international SHS and MG associations to engage with regional, central and county level governments and present sector position
- Prepare registration and tax exemption path flows for off-grid companies entering the Kenyan market, and provide support in navigating the regulatory environment
- Support developers with MNO registration process.
- Review companies’ proposal applications to investors, banks, donor programs among other
- Support companies in the development and presentation of business plans
- A Master’s Degree or higher in energy economics, energy finance, business administration, or other relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in rural electrification or working with off-grid companies. Experience providing services to off-grid companies in scale up of their operations preferred.
- Experience analyzing and structuring financial transactions, ideally of energy companies, including financial models and investment deals, including the provision of targeted Technical Assistance (TA).
- Experience working with off-grid energy companies, commercial investment banks, private equity and/or financial or legal services companies or firms in the international energy or finance sector.
- Energy sector work experience in Kenya.
- Experience working with senior government officials, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders in the energy sector.
- Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills.
- Fluent in English and Swahili