Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
The Office Assistant will be responsible for providing a wide range of administrative and logistical duties to the office including but not limited to ensuring smooth running of the office and professional management of the reception towards a conducive and exciting work environment.
- Receive visitors and answer telephone calls, screen and/or directs visitors, callers, or messages to the appropriate staff members;
- Respond to external queries within the prescribed limits and related to The AECF and maintain brochures and other information materials for handing out;
- Initiate and follow through on procurement of office supplies and maintain accountability of the supplies;
- In liaison with all departments ensure all equipment are adequately insured and follow up on insurance claims;
- In liaison with the Travel assistant, coordinate flight ticket and accommodation requests for staff while ensuring The AECF processes are adhered to;
- In liaison with the Communications Assistant, follow up and ensure all AECF events are booked and run smoothly;
- Work with all departments to ensure all logistical request comply with The AECF Travel & Procurement policy and Procedures;
- Provide administrative support in recruitment and selection of candidates as per the directions of the Head of HR & Administration;
- Provide logistical support for implementation of employee engagement and team building activities.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in any related discipline;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Proven computer proficiency. Required Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and accomplish administrative tasks;
- Ability to interact and maintain professional standards;
- Strong organizational written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to cross and bridge different racial, cultural, or business cultures.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Office Assistant – AECF/007/2019”, and attach a detailed CV, e-mail address and telephone contacts. To be considered, your application must be received by Friday 11 th February 2019 addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org .