Project Monitoring & Evaluation Certification in 2 Weeks
Course details here
Branch Manager-Busia & Nairobi
Main Job Duty
- drive and deliver exceptional retail business performance, through the provision of efficient business management, powerful leadership, team development and achievement of operational rigor excellence in branches with up to 50 staff members or branches with single customer categories.
- To drive implementation of business and service strategies to deliver Retail and Business Banking performance and growth targets in the branch.
- Provide powerful leadership in the branch to ensure the delivery of the business plans by establishing a high performance culture amongst the branch team.
· Achieve operational rigor excellence and maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict adherence to operations and compliance policies and guidelines
- Leadership, people management, coaching and team building skills
- Strong communication and Presentation
- Excellent relationship building skills – both with internal stakeholders and clients
- Good networking skills, both for internal and external network
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with decision making ability
- Business Acumen/Business Awareness
- Credit appraisal skills
- Credit Risk Management
- Driving Customer Experience
- Operational Risk Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- External market awareness
- Commercial Effectiveness
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Performance Management
- Resource Management and planning.
- Cultural and Change Management
- PC skills
- University degree in a relevant discipline or relevant experience to compensate, post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years Banking / Financial Services experience out of which at least 3 years in branch management with good track record of performance
- Business understanding and management experience of Retail / Consumer and Business Segments
- Working knowledge of Branch Operations and Controls
- Demonstrable experience in Customer Service management including complaint management / resolution
- Hands on experience of sales management including leading Direct Sales teams
- People management experience of big teams
- In-depth knowledge of banking products, strategies and structures in Retail,
- Detailed working knowledge of operational and credit risk policies and procedures for both Retail and Business Banking segments
- Good working knowledge of people policies and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the banking industry practices and regulations
- Well informed on general economic, political and business environment.
- Up to date knowledge of competitor and market activity in local area
- In-depth understanding of core banking operating IT systems e.g. Flexicube