Entry Level NGO Jobs
Submit CV Here
Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Coordinator
- Work with the program staff to develop proposals and work plans to guide implementation of approved WPE grants. Support the field teams in the implementation and monitoring of the work plans ensuring that activities reflect the commitments IRC made to the donor and the community
- In collaboration with WPE program staff, the Technical Advisor and the Deputy Director – Programs, oversee WPE programming in Kenya through regular monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place with associated information sharing protocols for GBV analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy
- Ensure effective team communication and support between team members based in Nairobi and the three field sites, including opportunities for debriefing and staff care
- Provide guidance and technical support to sector-specific design and implementation through regular field visits.
- Work with the program teams to ensure that field experiences are documented and used to advocate on behalf of the communities with which we work
- Support partnerships on GBV programming with Local Non-Governmental Organizations
Strategy and Business Development:
- Identify gaps in existing WPE programs and work with the team to develop innovative approaches and mechanisms to address them.
- Work on new and potential opportunities for programming in WPE in line with country program strategic plan
- Participate in the design and development of new programs or initiatives within the country program as required.
Human Resource management:
- Assist with the recruitment of GBV staff, in coordination with HR and the field and program management.
- In collaboration with the respective Field Coordinators (FCs), provide technical performance management (setting of objectives, appraisals and development plans) for WPE program managers
- Work with the respective FCs in ensuring transition planning and capacity building of WPE staff.
Finance, Budget and Grant Management:
- Work with the field teams in the development of WPE program budgets and spending plans and any other grants management aspects as may be required
- Overall responsible for WPE program budgets. Monitor budget spending in line with the spending plans and develop remedial plans where necessary to ensure budgets are optimally utilized.
- Work closely with the field teams to ensure diligence in grants utilization
- Work with the Grants Coordinator to ensure all WPE grants are in compliance with donor guidelines and contracts/ agreements including budget flexibility and reporting requirements.
Coordination, Representation and Advocacy:
- Engage new and sustain existing implementing partners. Work closely within the NGO and INGO sector and relevant ministries of GOK to build a strong network base for the country program in the sector. Engage closely in GOK and NGO working groups for women protection and empowerment. Regularly attend GBV sub-cluster meetings and feed in IRC priorities at Nairobi-level meetings.
- Work in close collaboration with donors in enhancing quality IRC programs and vision.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in Nairobi, including donors, government actors, UN agencies (including UNHCR), international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Ensure field concerns and challenges are brought to relevant Nairobi stakeholders to push for standards and procedures that systematize how GBV programs are implemented and coordinated at all levels.
- MA/S or equivalent in health (MPH), Gender, social science, humanities or other related degree
- 5 years’ experience in gender or GBV programming with at least 2 years’ experience in direct service provision for survivors of sexual violence and gender based violence including but not limited to Case Management of sexual violence survivors.
- Previous experience supervising and managing a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting
- Previous experience in emergency preparedness and response, preferred
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods, community development and partnership
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Good coordination and networking skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing
- Excellent computer skills in programs such as: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.