Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Programme & Membership Assistant
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Communications or a related field or a Relevant higher education from an accredited institution
- High degree of competency in Microsoft Office software, including WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, and POWERPOINT
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in an administrative role for an International Organization or NGO
Fluency in English, both written and verbal is a must. Working knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- A high standard of communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize needs
- Possess energy, drive, enthusiasm, commitment and passion for high quality work.
- Must be dependable, a good team player and able to work independently as well as have the ability to learn quickly and expand scope of functions;
- Capacity to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and produce high quality documents at short notice.
- Transparency: Able to build trust and contribute to informed and responsible decision making by carrying out the work of IUCN in a transparent manner; provides clear guidance to ensure that objectives and desired measurable results are understood by members of the team.
- Inclusiveness: Understands and accepts cultural diversity, and provide a tolerant, positive and supportive working environment that fosters respect for diversity, demonstrates ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Professionalism: Promote the organization’s interests, objectives and values in a diligent and professional manner.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility of individual and collective actions
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.