Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Report to the Director Operations, responsible for coordinating the management of all banks and cash transactions from and to the Kenya program bank accounts in order that program activities can be effectively carried out, to ensure that payments are approved in accordance to the stipulated organisational procedures and rules in time. The payments are well captured and recorded in time, for consolidation and timely reporting and submission to the internal and external parties. process Kenya Program monthly payroll for accuracy, completeness and ensure that all statutory deductions other relevant deductions are made and remitted on time. Ensure that payroll is reconciled to people soft. Prepare and uploaded cashbook/bank books, and journals for authorisation by the operations director or Finance Manager. Prepare correction journals and recharges are done by 2nd of every month ensuring all the supporting documents are in place. Act as a final check to arrest any exposure and manage financial and fraud risk within the organisation that may impact on the various country programmes. This includes a clear understanding of HR, Logistics and Finance Policies to ensure that the payment processing, coding and accounting is correctly done according to policy.
- A university degree coupled with Accountancy professional qualification e.g. a completed ACCA or CPA (K)
- Ability to plan with good organizational skills, including prioritization and ability to work under high pressure
- Good computer skills: Excel, Word, the purchasing system and Helios system
- Knowledge of multiple donor funding regulations
- Good knowledge of financial systems
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
- Minimum 3 years proven relevant and progressive work experience preferably with INGOs
- Excellent analytical skills particularly from the point of view of cost effective financial management.
- Multi-tasking and higher efficiency, Attention to details
- Proven experience of management of suppliers / contracts and financial systems
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance check
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.