Admin & Management Jobs
Submit CV Here
HIV Program Coordinator – East Africa
Roche Diagnostics in Kenya (Nairobi) is seeking an HIV Program Coordinator to provide technical support in the planning and implementation of laboratory services required for HIV prevention, care and treatment services within facilities supported by the National HIV Program in coordination with the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP), Ministry of Health and Funding Partners (PEPFAR, USAID, Global Fund).
In coordination with the Regional Managers, the HIV Program Co-coordinator will be responsible for the following activities:
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of the Region’s HIV Programs to ensure that testing for HIV Viral Load and Early Infant Diagnosis run smoothly for the success of Care and Treatment programs in the Region, including baseline laboratory assessments and laboratory capacity development .
- Serving as an interface with funders, Implementing Partners, MOH procuring entities and international organizations i.e. USAID, CDC, KEMSA, PSM, University of Maryland etc.
- Tracking and reporting on a regular basis, Region Molecular Laboratories activities, project updates, and reagent and consumables forecasts using marketing data and reporting tools provided by the Company.
- Identifying, implementing, developing, maintaining and supporting the distribution network required to provide adequate coverage of the market under his / her responsibility, for HIV Viral Load and EID. Responsibilities include contract negotiations, pricing in accordance with the Global Access Program(GAP) in place, product line allocations among authorized channels, as well as assuring continuous channel development (organizational, product knowledge).
- Providing technical assistance to facility-level laboratory personnel, including regular and systematic observation of laboratory testing procedures, and ongoing bench-level supportive supervision and instruction.
- Providing technical assistance to facility-level laboratory managers, including: establishing routine workflow; developing/refining SOPs, job aids, log books, and referral forms as needed; planning of lab activities to improve test performance and decrease turn around time.
- Coordinating laboratory reagent and consumables forecasting, shipments and distribution to laboratories to ensure uninterrupted testing in the HIV Molecular Laboratories.
- Providing technical assistance in HIV Viral Load and Early Infant Diagnosis assays.
- Preparing reports on performance of each testing site on instrument uptime, reagent availability, instrument utilization and training needs.
- Assisting the Regions Molecular Laboratories in the implementation of quality management/quality assurance activities.
- Coordinating regular key stakeholder meetings and provide updates to all stakeholders at agreed intervals on the performance of Regions Molecular Coordinating Company resources (Technical support, Marketing, Medical, Quality etc.) required for the support of all the labs under his /her care.
- Medical Lab Science background.
- 4 – 6 years’ work experience in Kenya
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Molecular labs
- Previous experience within the HIV space an added advantageAdvanced Computer Literacy in MS Office