Admin & Management Jobs
Submit CV Here
The African Centre for Technology Studies (ACTS) is a pioneering development research think tank on harnessing applications of science, technology and innovation policies for sustainable development in Africa. ACTS is an Intergovernmental organization founded in 1988 to pursue policy oriented research towards strengthening the capacity of African countries and institutions to harness science and technology for sustainable development. ACTS envisions a sustainable economic, social and environmental future for Africa, through science, technology and innovation.
To support staff within two of ACTS’ projects to manage grants, specifically their contract negotiation, grants disbursement, reporting and final close out of grants.
The two projects are as follows:
Building Institutional Capacity for Computing research in Kenya (CBICTD)
Science Granting Councils Initiative (SGCI) in Africa
- Checking applications meet funding criteria
- Advising applicants about funding programs and requirements
- Assessing applications against a strict set of rules
- Giving information and recommendations to the decision-making panel
- Keeping applicants informed about the progress of their application
- Administering grant payments
- Supporting a caseload of grant holders and monitoring their progress
- Keeping accurate records of applications and payments
- Giving presentations to publicise grant schemes
- Assisting with writing and editing reports
- NB: all staff may be given responsibilities outside of this generic task list by their line manager and/or senior management of ACTS as and when required.
Minimum qualifications, experience and skills
- University degree. Training in development studies and project management will be an added advantage.
- Appropriate work experience preferably as a grants manager already before (for 3 years)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence to operate in a wide range of environments
- Sound numerical skills
- Sound IT skills
- Person abilities and qualities
- Ability to work in a team and independently as required
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships
- Ability to manage your own workload with minimal supervision
- Confidence to use your judgement, take initiative and challenge when appropriate
How to Apply
Employment term: Full time, 24-months contract
If you are interested in applying please send an application consisting of a motivation letter (setting out how you meet the criteria above), an up-to-date CV, a writing sample (preferably single authored publication) and three relevant references to the Human Resource Manager, ACTS at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 22 February 2019
Please note that this is not an international post.
If you have queries about this position or about the work that will be expected, please email email@example.com