Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Manager, Court Users Committee
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court with high standing.
- Have at least six (6) years working experience in the Justice Sector.
- Demonstrate competence and experience in Legal Research
- Demonstrate competence in the performance of senior administrative duties for not less than 5 years
- Knowledge and experience of court processes.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution and be of high moral character, integrity and impartiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and provide strategic leadership to Court Users Committees in areas of cash flow management and records management;
- Ensure an accountable, coordinated efficient , effective and consultative approach in the operations of CUCs;
- Initiates discussions on improvements in the access to justice and the quality of service delivery by all actors in the justice system;
- Cultivate and enhance public participation and engagement in the delivery of Justice and to respond to questions from parties and the public on various aspects of the Court cases;
- Ensure promotion of and knowledge sharing and learning among the stakeholders ;
- Work with Head of Court Stations in program planning and training for CUCs;
- Develop and recommend and assist with implementation of strategic objectives, policies, and procedures for the CUCs ;
- Assist the Station Administrators in organizing the workload in a manner that provides for timely disposition of cases and optimized judicial productivity;
- Answer advanced public inquires on case statuses, availability and location of records.
- Act as a liaison between the Court, the public and other parties to ensure that cases proceed smoothly and efficiently;
- Ensure the provision of the level of customer service necessary without giving legal advice
- Provide assistance to staff members with best practices, legislative change or administrative orders.
- Assist in and or leads special projects as needed or assigned;
- Mentor and coach Station Administrators Judicial Services;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by:-
Filing an Online Application for Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: jobs.judiciary.go.ke. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application:-
- A letter of application,
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as community service, financial discipline, pro bono activity (if any), involvement as a party in litigation and involvement in political activity including financial contribution to political party parties (if any) and criminal record, legal professional engagement for the last five (5) years, three (3) professional referees and two (2) character references who can verify and comment on the applicant’s past and present employment;
- Certified copies of testimonials, professional certificates and academic transcripts.
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority,
- Higher Education Loans Board,
- Law Society of Kenya,
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation,
- Advocates Complaints Commission,
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- a recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
Applicants are also required to forward one (1) hard copy of the completed Employment Application Form JSC 2 for non –public officers and JSC 2A for Public officers which can be downloaded from www.judiciary.go.ke and attach all the documents cited in the item No. (a to d)above. Clearly indicating the Vacancy number and the title on the envelop.
TO: THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI Telephone: +254 20-2739180
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza, Taifa Road, Nairobi CBD, Podium Floor Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies. The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 5TH MARCH 2019 AT 5.00PM Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification. The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.