Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Premier Field Engineer – SQL
- Act as a resource for on-going SQL planning and deployment.
- Help with analysis of migration to new SQL environments.
- Provide SQL workshops and training for customer’s existing support staff.
- Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, knowledge transfer, and opportunity generation. Manage escalations and sub-cases to ensure timely and high quality resolution of all issues.
- Develop and implement strategies for providing facilitative support resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments.
- Develop relationships with technical directors or lead architects for the technology you support resulting in more participation in planning and improved satisfaction in support consulting.
- Partner with Premier Service Delivery Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management.
- Develop working relationships within the PFE Organization that result in increased cooperation and mutual support in fulfilling our customer mission.
- Develop a working relationship with Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS), SE and field staff at your accounts that results in increased cooperation and mutual support in achieving each other’s goals.
- Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005.
- Deep experience in SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Power BI.
- Exposure to and some knowledge about SQL Server 2014
- Fair knowledge on Windows clustering – Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2.
- Deep technical knowledge/experience on SQL HA/DR solutions.
- Practical experience troubleshooting performance problems, query tuning and optimization.
- Experience delivering and/or authoring technical training
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science. Will consider related equivalent experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
- Ability to manage challenging technical issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, participating in on-call shifts, having a willingness to go the extra mile and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
- Fluency in English is required.
Dont Miss The Latest Jobs Advertised Today. CLICK HERE to register for FREE