Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organisation that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia and recently in Djibouti, AAH-I has over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station: Kakuma, Kenya
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Livelihoods Coordinator in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with the Area Manager and Senior Business Incubation Officer, Logistics team, Government officials, private sector, non-government and civil society organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure continuous capacity building among staff in handling the Livelihood programming.
- Ensure donor and agency compliance is met at all levels of project/program management cycle
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Provide feedback to the Livelihoods Coordinator on project strategies and activities;
- Suggest strategies to the Livelihoods Coordinator for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Livelihoods Coordinator.
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to AAHK Project Management Team and UNHCR and other donors;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use. Perform other duties as required;
Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Preparation of monthly MIS reports;
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing other relevant reports;
- Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for project and government staff
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;\
- Provide input and update information related to project outcome in UNDP and GOB website;
- Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress based on MIS reports on project activities;
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project;
- Develop M&E system for the Project and for the government counterpart/stakeholders;
- Prepare and maintain M& E data base
Minimum qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Agriculture, Business Administration or relevant discipline with further training in management
- At least 5 years of progressive responsible programme Monitoring and Evaluation, of which at least 2 years closely related to implementing camp management activities or community settlements.
- Master’s degree in Project Development and Management, Proposal Writing, Business Incubation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business administration or equivalent preferable
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 24th October, 2019. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-K is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. AAH-K does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents. Selection will be done on a rolling basis.