Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Reporting to the BvAT Executive Director, the M&E Officer will be responsible for all monitoring and evaluation activities in BvAT. The role supports all BvAT programmes in designing, implementation and reporting on all M&E activities.
- Ensure an appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system is in place and is functioning satisfactorily.
- Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts.
- Ensure relevant and timely M&E information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders, including beneficiary communities, partners and donors.
- Establish and coordinate monitoring systems including data collection, analysis and review.
- Ensure information gathered through monitoring activities is shared as per BvAT policies and regulations.
- Providing support to project design and activities including strategic frameworks (Results framework, log frames etc.)
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
- Assist the program teams to determine performance and impact indicators and targets.
- Implement monitoring systems and designing monitoring tools.
- Develop data collection tools.
- Monitor project activities, outputs and progress towards anticipated results.
- Development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analyze and present relevant information.
- Support programme team for reporting, data collection and in needs assessments.
- Conduct regular data quality audits and ensure adherence to quality control measures.
- Support the dissemination of M&E results to stakeholders.
- Support the quantitative data management and analysis to inform project decisionmaking.
- Lead the collation of Quarterly, Semiannual and Annual project progress reports.
- Track, manage and review all project reports, and collate lessons learned to inform programmatic decisions.
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop the overall framework for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database, analyze and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the management on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Knowledge
- Bachelor’ degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Social sciences or related qualification from a credited institution of higher learning.
- A course/certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
Specialized Knowledge and skills required
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment (an advantage).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of and personal commitment to ecologically sustainable agriculture.
- Fluency in oral and written Swahili and English.
- Have strong relationship management.
- Excellent time management.
- Team player with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and internationally.
The post Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Biovision Africa appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobwebkenya.com/.