Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Primary Location: Mount Kenya Safari Club
Employee Status: Regular
Provides health services to colleagues including treatment of illness and injuries in the workplace.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Attend to colleagues and guests in the clinic
- Liaise and refer colleagues and Guests to the company Doctor on complicated matters
- Make progressive follow up to those admitted in hospital & report.
- Organize the food handler’s tests and submit the reports on them as required
- Be aware of management approved medical providers, refer colleagues to the same and communicate changes if any.
- Act as the custodian of all medical information regarding colleagues’ i.e individual colleague medical expenditure, insurance information, approved hospital providers, approved doctors.
- Work closely with the HR office for co-ordination of pre-employment checks
- Ensure induction of new colleague on sexually transmitted diseases, HIV/Aids, prevention counseling.
- Participate and initiate colleague menu reviews- to ensure colleagues get adequate food servings for a proper balanced diet and liaising with HR and the Mberias chef on this.
- Plan for health talks once every quarter and if not possible to get a doctor, organize to present a talk to colleagues on health, safety & general wellness.
- Organize with local medical providers for medical check up to colleagues on competitive prices.
- Ensure to maintain adequate stock
- Ensure to check on a regular basis the first aid boxes in each department and ensure they are replenished.
- Be an agent for behavioural change among colleagues by acting as a peer educator/ counselor
- Train peer counselors, and educators to be agents of change in their respective departments
- Participate in the identification of departmental peer counselors and workplace wellness champions
- Come up with creative ideas and messages to colleagues to encourage exercising and keeping fit.
- Organize monthly group therapies for colleagues who want to share experiences in their circles
- Follow up with HR to ensure that wellness programs are provided for in the annual budget
- Submitting monthly reports on monthly basis i.e. incidents/accidents report, sick offs analysis, medical expenditure
- Liaising with HR officer on colleagues’ claims on medical expenses
- Visiting and making contacts with all hospitals and doctors that we partner with for easier future follow up
- Visit colleagues admitted in hospital and give a continuous report on their progress
- Be in charge of colleagues notice boards, ensure information posted here is well organized and updated
- Previous experience as a Hotel Nurse is an added advantage.
- College Certificate/Diploma in nursing.
- Self-confident, creative and proactive, able to prioritize and make effective decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Qualified &Registered nurse of Kenya
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): Constant standing and walking throughout shift