Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Assistant Office Administrator
Ref. No MSEA- 21/7/2019 (MSEA Grade 8)
(a) Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing in typewritten form; processing data and managing e-office; operating office equipment; ensuring security of office equipment, documents and records; attending to visitors/clients; handling telephone calls and appointments; managing office petty cash; and ensuring good office layout; undertaking any other office administrative duties that may be assigned.
(b) Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Kenya Certificate of secondary Education, mean grade c – with at least C plain in English or Kiswahili language or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in secretarial studies from the Kenya National Examination council (KNEC);
Business Education single and Group Certificates (BES and GC) from the Kenya Nationall Examination council in the following subjects;
• Typewriting III (Minimum 50 w.p.m.)/Computerized document processing III;
• Shorthand II (80 w.p.m)
• Business English II/Communications I;
• Office Management III/ Office Administration and management III
• Secretarial Duties II;
• Commerce II;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and attach the following documents to their applications:-
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance Certificate (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance Certificate(HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please submit your sealed application letters with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelop and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 30th July, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823-00100
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification