Admin & Management Jobs
Submit CV Here
Ambulance Driver II Job at Nairobi County
The Nairobi City County Public Service Board (NCPSB) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Salary Scale: Kshs 15,670.00 to Kshs 17,570.00
House Allowance: Kshs 4,500.00
Commuter Allowance: Kshs 3,000.00
Extraneous Allowance: Kshs 7,000.00
Roles for the Ambulance Driver Job
- Driving an ambulance to transport sick, injured, or convalescent persons;
- Assisting ambulance attendant to place patients on stretcher and loads stretcher into ambulance;
- Taking sick or injured persons to hospital, or convalescents to destination;
- Assisting in changing soiled linen on stretcher;
- Administering first aid as required;
- May assist to restraint violent patients if necessary;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, etc.;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle/Ambulance;
- The immediate supervisor may assign performing other duties as from time to time.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Possess a valid driving license and three years driving experience;
- Have a First aid training Lasting not less than one (1) week preferably from St. Johns Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- Knowledge and skill in driving to avoid sudden motions detrimental to patients;
- Full Knowledge of motorable routes within Nairobi County;
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Attended a Refresher Course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3) years at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police.
How to Apply
Applications can ONLY be submitted ONLINE on or before the stipulated deadline.
Application Deadline: Fri 12th Oct 2018
Applicants should be Kenyan Citizens.
Applicants should meet requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya and will be required to have clearance certificates from EACC, KRA, HELB, CRB and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police Service
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicant must have no prior criminal conviction or pending criminal action.
Applicants must be physically and medically fit.
Nairobi City County is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.