Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
The National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the positions of: Senior Personal Secretary, Driver, Office Assistant for Malindi and Kitui Regional offices and Personal Aide
Assistant Director Research, Monitoring, Evaluation & Documentation
The officer will be responsible to the Director Programme & Research.
- Manage staff performance in the department;
- Provide leadership in the development of policies on Research, Monitoring, Evaluation & Documentation for the Commission;
- Provide leadership in the design and development of research projects, monitoring and evaluation system for the C
- Provide leadership in the development of M&E indicators for monitoring the integration of Principles of equality and inclusion in public and private sector;
- Provide leadership in the design and installation of a data base on equality and inclusion;
- Strengthen capacity of the Commission in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Provide leadership in development of Monitoring and Evaluation Plans (MEP) for donor funded projects;
- Ensure timely preparation, implementation and reporting of the departmental work plans;
- Provide leadership on documentation and knowledge management in the Commission;
- Coordinate research activities on matters relating to equality and freedom from discrimination;
- Collaborate with other research institutions to gather evidence on equality and inclusion of the special interest groups of NGEC;
- Coordinate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual monitoring and evaluation reports drawn from other programme departments to inform national, counties and private sector progress in Kenya;
- Translate reports into policy briefs and provide leadership in the development of evidence-based advisories;
- Ensure establishment of a database of international and regional treaties, conventions and commitments that Kenya has ratified in relation to special interest groups;
- Provide leadership in writing of research concepts and proposals;
- Identify and establish networks and stakeholders for joint research, monitoring and evaluation activities.
For appointment to this position, an applicant must have:
- Served as a Senior Research Officer or Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for a minimum period of eight (8) years, three (3) years of which should have been as in-charge of Research, M&E, Documentation or knowledge management department(s) in a reputable organization;
- Bachelor’s Degree in either the following; Project Management/Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Applied Statistics/Research or any other relevant and comparable qualification from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- Master’s Degree in either one of the following; Project Management/Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Applied Statistics/Research or any other relevant and comparable qualification from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- An earned PhD in either one of the following; Monitoring and Evaluation, Research or any other relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Conducted research for a minimum period of Six (6) years;
- Atleast three (3) articles in refereed journals;
- vii)A demostrable understanding of gender equality and freedom from dicrimination issues affecting special interest groups of NGEC;
- A demonstrable knowledge and experience in design and execution of different forms of research studies with strict adherance to research ethics;
- Knowledge in use of computer applications for research and data management;
- A thorough understanding of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, devolution, national goals and policies, national development priorities and emerging gender equality and exclusion issues;
Senior Finance Officer
The officer will be reporting to the Principal Finance Officer, and will be responsible for provision of financial management; control and reporting on financial aspects of the Commission
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and monthly expenditure reports for the review by management to provide information on the current usage of the Commission’s budget necessary for decision making on budget utilization;
- Assisting in preparing financial requirement projections for authorization by management to ensure timely allocation of funds for the implementation of Commission activities;
- Facilitates evaluation reviews on public expenditure and prepare reports for use by the management to make recommendations on how to improve utilization of funds in NGEC;
- Examine the expenditure and financial commitments reports to show the variances on the budget for further review by management;
- Assist in ensuring compliance with both the Commission budget control policies and government regulations by conducting regular spot checks to ensure adherence to the laid down procedures;
- Assist in coordinating budget costing activities in line with the set budget control;
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served in the grade of Finance Officer or in a comparable position in a reputable organization for a minimum period of five (5) years;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance/Accounting option, Bachelor of Business Administration Finance/Accounting option or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K), or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- A member of ICPAK in good standing;
- Thorough understanding Public Finance regulations, Integrated Financial Management Information system (IFMIS), Procurement Procedures and Regulation will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge in use of computer applications;
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative ability as shown in work performance and results.
The officer will be responsible to the Principal Programme officer
- Manage the Commission Secretary’s diary;
- Prepare talking notes and presentations;
- Represent the Commission Secretary in meetings and note the action points;
- Act as a liaison person between the Commission Secretary’s Office and other offices in the Commission;
- Coordinate program and administrative activities in the Commission Secretary’s Office
- Participate in research, analysis and report writing including on emerging issues and make recommendations in relation to special interest groups concerns
- Participate in monitoring, auditing and mainstreaming of special interest groups by the state and non-state sectors
- Assist in the mobilization of resources for the Commission’s programs.
- Assist in the development of concepts and implement activities as per the work plan
- Participate in monitoring implementation of assigned activities
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports.
- Assist in monitoring the integration of the principles of equality and inclusion in all programmes, policies, laws, and administrative regulations in public and private institutions;
- Prepare activity reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Sociology, Gender, Law or any other relevant field from a recognized University;
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in programming in any of the following fields; gender, human rights, research, development and governance working with persons with disability, youth, children, the older members of society, marginalized and minority groups;
- Demonstrate a thorough and comprehensive understanding on issues of NGEC’s special interest groups and knowledge of project design, development and implementation;
- Excellent communication skills spoken and written;
- Excellent report writing, presentation and data collection skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Computer application skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements to submit their applications clearly indicating the position applied for together with :
A detailed Curriculum Vitae, (Please indicate your county of origin);
A copy of National Identity Card
Certified copies of Academic Certificates, Transcripts, professional certificates and any other relevant supporting documents;
All applicants should attach a copy of appointment letter;
Applicants should submit three (3) names of referees one of which must be the current employer and their mobile telephone and e-mail contacts.
Please Note that
The National Gender and Equality Commission Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with Disabilities, people from Marginalized and Minority groups who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply;
iii. The Commission does not ask for any money nor ask applicants to undergo medical examination;
Only shortlisted condidates will be notified and will be required to provide clearance from KRA, CID, EACC, HELB and CRB;
It is a criminal offence for any applicant to provide false information and documents in the job application;
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification;
vii. A candidate who applies online must scan and attach all the required documents.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Commisson Secretary/CEO
National Gender and Equality Commission
Solution Tech Building, Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P O Box 27512-00506
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Clearly indicate the job reference number on the subject line and on the envelope.
To reach the Commission on or before 27th May 2019.