We Are Hiring!!
Submit CV Here
The Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI) is a membership organization for African National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) registered as a legal entity under laws of the Republic of Kenya. Our mission is to support, through national, sub‐regional, regional and international cooperation, the establishment and strengthening of NHRIs to more effectively undertake their mandate of human rights promotion, protection, monitoring and advocacy. Our vision is a continent with effective NHRIs, contributing to an enhanced human rights culture and justice for every African. We encourage and support the establishment of strong and independent NHRIs in compliance with the Paris Principles.
Office Administration Officer
- Department: Finance & Administration
- Section: Office Administration
- Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration
- Location: Head Office
- Duration: 12 months
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide administrative support to staff and coordinate office operations to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency at NANHRI Secretariat.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Manage conference and workshop logistics by preparing draft budgets, making travel and hotel bookings, sending invitations, preparing workshop materials and arranging for per diems and other reimbursements;
- Assist in procurement processes by sourcing for suppliers, monitoring the performance of suppliers and reporting on the same.
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for contacts, program activities, databases, correspondence to and from members NHRIs and documents for quick and easy reference;
- Draft routine correspondence;
- Provide support in preparation and production of NANHRI’s reports and publications;
Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- A Diploma in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies, Office Management or a related field
- Sufficient working knowledge of French ;
- Office Administration/Human Resource Experience;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Good computer skills, Microsoft programmes;
- Have the ability to learn and grow Customer Service experience preferred;
- Excellent Communication skills – written and verbal;
- Process oriented
To support the Programmes team in planning and executing programmatic activities in an effective, efficient and professional manner.
- To work closely with the Operations Manager and Programme Officers to gain knowledge, skills and experience from our work in various departments.
- Assist in planning and implementing all programmatic activities including handling logistical arrangements.
- Preparing meeting and activity reports.
- Drafting and/or translating materials for use in programmatic activities, in consultation with the Programmes staff.
- Assist in collecting and analyzing data for preparing monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Participate in departmental and organizational planning processes.
- Conduct research and prepare briefs on emerging areas within the human rights field.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Operations Manager and Programme Officers.
- Translation of small texts and documents to and from English and French
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Project Management or related field from a recognized institution
- Foreign applicants MUST be eligible to work in Kenya.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English languages.
- Excellent IT skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently with minimum supervision.
- Good organizational skills; a team player and flexible towards adjusting priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and inter-cultural skills and sensitivities.
- Ability to conduct research and prepare reports.
- Demonstrable commitment to social justic
HOW TO APPLY:
If you possess the above qualities and are interested in the described post, kindly send your application strictly by email to the contacts below, clearly indicating the position on the subject line of the email together with a cover letter and a detailed C.V. The CV should include a daytime telephone contact and names and contacts of three referees. The application should reach us by 5.00pm Monday, January 21, 2019.
Network of African National Human Rights Institutions
P. O. Box 74359-00200 2nd Floor, CVS Plaza, Lenana Road, NAIROBI.
with a copy to