Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Trócaire is one of Ireland’s leading INGO’s, having over 40 years’ of experience in International Development. Trócaire works through local partners and being the development arm of the Catholic Church in Ireland is a member of worldwide networks such as Caritas and CIDSE. This is an exciting time in the history of the organisation as we continue to roll out our most recent strategic plan 2016-2020 and begin planning for beyond this period.
Trócaire has been working in Kenya for over 30 years and established an office in Nairobi in 1994. Working with over twenty-five local partner organisations, Trócaire takes a rights based approach while focusing on Equitable Access to and use of Resources, Women’s Empowerment and the Protection of Human Dignity in Humanitarian Crisis. (Organisational Strategic Plan-CSP: 2016-20). The Trócaire Kenya country programme is built on a model that integrates a change process from micro to meso to macro levels through working with strong local partners, a commitment to capacity building, clear advocacy priorities, high levels of financial oversight and holistic programme design to bring about social change.
Trócaire is currently building its portfolio of work and partners in Turkana and as part of this process is setting up a small sub-office in Lodwar. The County Programme will take an integrated approach to the delivery of interventions to address the needs of the most vulnerable in Turkana using a rights based and women’s empowerment approach and working exclusively through local partner organisations.
Driver/ Office Assistant
To support the programme administrative aspect of the sub office in Lodwar, Trocaire is recruiting a Driver/ office Assistant who will be responsible for the logistics of the programme team and basic administration in the office. The key responsibility of the driver/office assistant is to drive Trocaire office vehicle and provide transport to the programme in Lodwar.
For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Reporting to the Programme Manager this is a fixed term and is based in Lodwar
Safeguarding Children Policy:
The successful applicant will be expected to sign up to and adhere to Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Fleet & Transport Management
- Operating and maintaining Trócaire vehicles with a focus on safety and courtesy;
- Maintaining defensive driving at all times
- Performing periodic pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections;
- Performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary;
- Fuelling the vehicle
- Ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported.
- Prepare monthly reports on Mileage and Fuel usage and share timely with Nairobi Office Administrator and the PM.
- Follow up on Fuel and Maintainace invoices and ensure that they are sent for Payment on time.
- Documenting staff vehicle usage on the log sheet.
- Preparing accident and incident reports as necessary
- Coordinates the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with the Programme Manager to minimize service interruptions;
- Liaise with the Nairobi office to ensuring that current and valid insurance for the vehicle is maintained.
- Ensure safe transportation of staff and cargo according to requests made and daily planning
- Available to run other logistics errands as may be assigned by the Programme Manager
Provide general support to the Lodwar office activities
- Make petty cash purchases upon request from the PM
- Receive and dispatch supplies from/to Nairobi/Lodwar with proper documentation
- Assist the Programme Manager in supervision of general maintenance activities in the office.
- Assist in filing/archiving of documents
- In charge of Lodwar stock management
Person Specification – Essential Requirements
- Possession of a clean and valid Kenyan driving license
- Possession of a defensive driving license
- Ability to drive vehicles safely and appropriately, including ability to read and interpret all road signs;
- Ability to read, understand and adhere to the rules and regulations as laid out by the Transport Licensing Board of the republic of Kenya.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with partners & co-workers
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports;
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s)
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs and perform minor repairs;
- At least 3 years driving experience
- All offers of employment with Trócaire may be subject to Police clearance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified applicants should visit and apply by submitting a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th March 2019