We Are Hiring!!
Submit CV Here
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Kenya (CDC-Kenya) to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and its partners for HIV and STI program Monitoring and Evaluation as well as in conducting surveillance and survey activities.
We are recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO Global Programs for Research & Training to serve as Evaluations Advisor for HIV strategic information activities.
The assignment is based in Nairobi. This position requires a one-year commitment, with the potential for extension at the end of the period, subject to funding availability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Sr. Evaluations Advisor, the Evaluations Advisor will work with the Global Programs (GP) teams and the National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCOP) Strategic Information (SI) team to develop, organize and support the implementation of public health evaluation activities that are a priority to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and its partners.
- Work closely with the GP M&E team to support MOH to develop and design evaluations for; its HIV programs, collect data, develop relevant instruments
- Support the implementation of evaluations including development of training materials, conducting training, coordinating data collection and analysis and writing of evaluation reports.
- Provide feedback to MOH on findings and recommendations for program improvement and impact.
- Prepare appropriate reports for various audiences and stakeholders at County and National level
- Facilitate a variety of ways to share evaluation data for program stakeholders
- Provide training and technical support to MOH and partners on conducting evaluations
- Work closely with other M&E and Epi team members to produce quality work and product
- A Master’s degree in public health, evaluation, epidemiology or related field
- Minimum of six years of progressive professional experience working on public health evaluation projects
- Experience in designing and implementing robust mixed-methods (qualitative and quantitative) evaluations.
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to tailor written, visual, and verbal presentations to different audiences, as appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to work with the Ministry of Health and a multi-disciplinary team
How to Apply
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- All applications must include the following:
- A current CV with names and telephone numbers for 3 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications must be sent by email to HR.Kenya@ucglobalprograms.org with the email subject Evaluations Advisor by end of day Friday, 15th March 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.