Entry Level NGO Jobs
Submit CV Here
NGO Jobs in Kenya at Christian Aid
Christian Aid is a UK-based international humanitarian and development non-governmental organisations. It is currently working in more than 50 countries and has been working in Kenya since 1997. The Kenya Country Programme presently focuses on community health, inclusive markets and climate change resilience delivery interventions that influence shifts in power relations in favour of poor and marginalised communities and groups as a means to ending poverty cycles.
Christian Aid requires a Compliance Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya for a USAID funded OVC programme to and work in collaboration with other functional units and sub-awardees to assure compliance with cooperative agreement provisions, applicable USAID rules and regulations, organisational policies and procedures.
Compliance Officer, Case-Ovc
Finance & Operations Manager – case ovc project
Christian Aid requires a Finance & Operations Manager for a 5 year USAID OVC programme to manage the finance, granting and operational due diligence of the programme.
About the role
The Finance & Operations Manager will oversee all aspects of administration and financial management, including accounting systems, budgeting, expenditure tracking, financial reporting and human resources for both the prime partner and any sub-awards. He/she ensure quality and excellence in delivery of the programme in line with USAID and CA financial, granting and operational policies, systems and guidelines.
Three key results to be delivered by the role holder includes: –
- Efficient financial and operational implementation and oversight through effective internal systems, checks and controls. The role holder will ensure administrative, logistical, human resource, security, and health and safety functions are efficiently administered to support the CASE OVCs implementation and delivery of results.
- Effective compliance and risk management in the due diligence, compliance, documentation and operational practices as per Christian Aid policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
- Provide accurate, timely and complete information required by Chief of Party and all managers and technical specialists to ensure effective planning and project and budget management, strategic investment, tracking expenditure and joining dots between expenditure and results delivered by partners.
With line management from the Chief of Party, you will manage field staff to deliver results above. You hold at least a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field relevant to the position requirements. You have at least 10 years of experience in financial management for large complex activities, of which at least five years were working in the field of international development and managing USG activities of similar scope.
You will model and promote in your role the three key desired behaviours–self-leadership, teamwork and decisiveness. You are proactive and able to work under minimal supervision to deliver quality and excellence in related results outlined above. This is about you leading effectively individually and collaboratively in teams to deliver key outputs while exercising passion, autonomy and mutual accountability. You will challenge status quo, embrace and respect diversity of views, enable others to co-lead with you, and take action to make contributions toward achievement of the shared team goals.
You will have ability to think creatively to navigate the complexities and uncertainties and the ever faster pace of change in the development world and operating context in Kenya. You will also demonstrate ability to translate thinking into results in a timely manner. In doing so, you will facilitate your team to collaborate with other key functions programmes, regional teams, and London finance & operations teams among others.
Knowledge Management & Communications Officer – Case Ovc
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
- Compliance Officer, Case-Ovc
- Finance & Operations Manager – case ovc project
- Knowledge Management & Communications Officer – Case Ovc