Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
Nurse – 2 Positions – (6 Months)
Job Purpose: To collect blood samples in compliance with stipulated procedures and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain blood samples from study participants
- Properly store and organise for transportation of collected samples following in compliance with the standards of practice
- Upload the collected data through the REDCAP software
- Accurate and prompt documentation of any matters arising from the field
- Updating PI on a daily basis and attending all departmental debriefing meetings
- Attend all planned departmental refresher courses.
- Take care of assigned equipment i.e. lab sample tablet and timely reporting of damages or required repairs.
- Undertake comprehensive medical reviews of study participants including general review, neurological review, HIV treatment progress and other aspects as stated in the study protocol.
- Continuously advice and inform study investigators of any participants presenting with severe medical conditions which require additional support such as counselling needs.
- Attend and participate in trainings, team/staff meetings, and other events as needed.
- Bring to the study team’s attention any problems, challenges, observed in study activities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Diploma in Nursing.
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least three years nursing experience.
- At least one-year experience in collecting blood samples.
- Training and certification in Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Flexibility and willingness to help or take additional roles.
- Team player, able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Fluency in English, Kiswahili and any of the Mijikenda dialect.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply before 23rd August 2019 through the following link
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.