Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Afya Pwani Senior M&E Advisor
- Design and implement a comprehensive HIV Services M&E system for the project, focusing on the accuracy and timeliness of reporting
- Operationalize use of IQCare EMR at target facilities within the coastal counties; develop systems for the continuous development of capacities of health records information officers (HRIOs) at target facilities in the use of IQCare EMR; develop strategy for the eventual transition of management and maintenance of EMR to the CHMT, SCHMT and HRIO
- Develop standardized protocols for the minimization of data collection burden; and for appropriate allocation of reporting responsibilities; and for appropriate workforce management at facilities, including improving the recruitment and retention of HRIO.
- Facilitate routine county TWG meetings for information systems and data reporting and use; and work with the CHMT, SCHMT and HRIO to implement data quality assurance protocols
- Link to and leverage infrastructure and other investments made by PEPFAR projects specifically CDC KeHMIS, USAID Afyainfo and others
- Supervise the Pharmacy/Commodities Specialist and oversee activities to achieve output 3.3, including:
- Develop and implement a mentorship program for SCHMTs and CHMTs to improve forecasting, quantification, and timely ordering of medical supplies from the Kenya Medical Supplies Authority
- Secure commodity management at county level
- Implement indicator-based systems for the pharmacovigilance of adverse effects related to the use of medicines
- Implement electronic pharmaceutical and laboratory supply chain systems at project facilities
- Prevent stock-outs
- Provide routine reporting of pharmaceutical and laboratory commodity use to the MoH
- Supervise the IT Specialist and team members and oversee the activities to achieve output 3.4, including:
- Linkage of EMR to DHIS 2
- Linkage of EMR to Frontline SMS
- Linkage of EMR to the National Data Warehouse
- Interoperability of EMR with open, third party lab information systems and commodity supply chain systems in use and project facilities
- Supervise the Data Use Specialist and team members and oversee activities to achieve output 3.5, including:
- Provide support to the service delivery team to continuously use data for quality improvement; establish facility-level baselines and metrics for QI in all facilities and track progress towards achievement of targets; and routinely review data for use to improve service delivery and clinical decision support
- Increase the use of gender and age-disaggregated data in particular, and inferential statistics in general for evidence-informed management of the program
- Create and improve access to user-friendly data dashboards and data visualization to enable the CHMT, SCHMT, HRIO, facilities to monitor target indicators for improved decision making
- Inculcate a culture of data demand and information use (DDIU), including the provision of routine high-level statistical analyses
- Masters Level of Education in related field, e.g. MBA, MPH or MSc (Informatics/Biostatistics/Biometry)
- 3+ years’ experience in a leadership position for a PEPFAR project
- Post graduate professional qualification in project management and planning
- Appropriate software skills necessary to conduct, analysis of study data, such as STATA, SPSS, or equivalent
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required)
- Excellent coordination, and information management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and skilled in change management, crisis management, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to manage cohesive team and proven record in effectively managing multidisciplinary partnerships.
- Demonstrated leadership, ethics, and sound judgement, both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning methodology and documentation processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently within Kenya and work under field conditions
Dont Miss The Latest Jobs Advertised Today. CLICK HERE to register for FREE