Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Reporting to the Head, Legal and Regulatory Affairs, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing litigation, contract preparation and providing legal advisory on compliance in all organization’s operations and advice on appropriate course of action.
- Reviewing progress of outstanding litigation and liaising with and managing external lawyers;
- Formulating compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly;
- Maintaining records of contracts, leases, loan agreements and the covenants therein;
- Providing timely information on renewals or termination of agreements;
- Drawing up contracts, lease documents, loan agreements and other legal documents;
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken;
- Providing legal protection and risk management and advising management on contract processes;
- Providing and interpreting legal information, conducting training and disseminating appropriate legal requirements to staff;
- Preparing, reviewing and modifying contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities;
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting documentation for business transactions and advising on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time;
- Ensuring the undertaking of due diligence searches on behalf of KTDA Group and Factories, and liaising with external legal counsel as required;
- Ensuring the follow up of all court cases facing the Group Holdings and attending court hearings where necessary, follow up of Judgements and costs on behalf of the KTDA Group.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and represent the interests of the KTDA Group in legislative fora.
- Assist in developing effective working relationships with external counsel and internal stakeholders to ensure their needs are understood and appropriate solutions developed that support business needs.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies: –
- A Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- A Certified Public Secretary;
- Member of ICPSK in good standing;
- An advocate of the High Court;
- Member of Law Society of Kenya with a current practicing certificate;
- A minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience;
- Should have thorough knowledge of the relevant industry/sector as well as knowledge; of regulatory requirements affecting the relevant sector;
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate assigned goals;
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines;
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality;
- Excellent leadership skills and negotiation skills;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent networking, interpersonal and communication skills.
How to apply
Kindly apply online here [ www.ktdateas.com/recruitment ] not later than 27th September 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
KTDA MANAGEMENT SERVICES LTD is an equal opportunity employer.