Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
The Nation Media Group has presence in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media. We are seeking to recruit a Procurement Officer to add value to the operations of the group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective and efficient sourcing of goods and services, both locally and internationally, as per laid down procedures;
- Managing supplier/ customers relations;
- Monitoring market trends;
- Ensuring timely supply of quality goods and services that meet all specifications , company requirements and from approved suppliers;
- Analyzing and evaluating RFQ and RFP response documents, recommending the most competitive supplier (s) for engagement and adopting the appropriate purchasing model;
- Liaising with respective suppliers, clearing and forwarding agents, transporters and regulating authorities such as KRA, KEBS and KPA for timely and effective delivery of materials;
- Suppliers performance management through regular tripartite meetings with internal customers and evaluation through SAP MM system for optimal value;
- Attending internal customer meetings to better understand their requirements; and
- Contracting and contract management.
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field;
- A Diploma Graduate in CIPS or equivalent professional certifications;
- At least 4 years work experience in a similar role in a reputable organization;
- Project management and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- High degree of integrity and honesty;
- Well conversant with contemporary procurement processes;
- Prior experience in handling IT hardware/ software purchases and digital requirements important but not a must;
- Result driven and a team player; and
- Knowledge of SAP Materials Management module.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply before 22nd September 2019 through the following link