Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
- Prepare guidelines for work plans and budgets by partners.
- Facilitate regular communications and meetings with partners to review progress and appraise on activities planned for approval and implementation.
- Ensure partners report periodically, and on schedule to the Hub project activities.
- Support partners to collaborate with active like-minded organisations to improve and upscale dissemination of knowledge on organic agriculture among farmers.
- Design and implement appropriate and effective knowledge capture and sharing activities.
- Execution of knowledge sharing events including, monthly seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions
- Identify and curate technical website content to ensure that the right knowledge is getting to the right people at the right time and in the right way.
- Manage website community engagement, by responding to website members in a timely manner and engage them in meaningful
- Document and share learning – ensure requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other knowledge management activities are clear and documented.
- Engage partners and learning champions – work with program managers, project partners, and learning champions to expand various online/in-person learning activities including, engaging the growing member base on project websites, collaborating with external partners, and content contribution.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in Knowledge Management, Project Management, Community Development, or related field from a credited institution of higher learning. The job holder must also be very proficient in ICT applications like, web management, web content development etc.
- At least 7 years progressive experience in the design and development of knowledge management systems, knowledge sharing/dissemination forums, organizational development, business process improvement, or organizational/systems change management.
- Practical and applied experience in setting up and administering knowledge management and learning systems.
Specialized Knowledge and skills required
- Sound understanding of technologies, platforms and ICT infrastructure that facilitate knowledge management and sharing.
- Ability to assess situations quickly and make independent decisions regarding capturing and sharing of knowledge to target beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities.
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information, through project learning platforms and activities.
- Team player, good communicator (both written and spoken), excellent interpersonal skills, work under minimum supervision, self-motivated and go-getter, love/high regard for farming and farmer.
- Proven ability to work with multiple teams.
- Sound knowledge of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Networking and partnership building skills.
- Understanding of and personal commitment to ecologically sustainable agriculture.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and regionally.
- Should be fluent in oral and written English and Swahili.
- Have strong relationship management.
- Excellent time management.
- Team player with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
The post Project Manager at Biovision Africa appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobwebkenya.com/.