Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
National Taxpayers Association (NTA) has an exciting opportunity for a Project Officer.
Summary of Responsibilities: To coordinate the project activities of the NTA, in close collaboration with NTA Secretariat staff and partners:
- The position holder will design and implement accountability projects in Kisumu County
- Contribute to NTA’s’ strategic direction and contributing to change in the accountability landscape in Kenya
- Ensure that NTA’s work draws on learning and innovation from work in the field and other partners
- Planning and implementation of the advocacy component of the NTA
- Establishing dialogue, sensitizing, lobbying and support accountability and citizen-led action in Kisumu County and the country
- Establishing dialogue with community organizations and partners at the local, sub-national and national level to mobilize their support and participation in the NTA’s advocacy and influencing agenda.
- Lead assessments and development of scorecards in the County
- Work closely with the Secretariat and the rest of the project team to plan and deliver the NTA’s strategy.
- A Masters or Bachelor degree in development studies, governance, law, political science, public sector administration or related field;
- A least three years working experience at a project or program officer level in a regional, national or international non-governmental organization;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research will be an advantage;
- Fluency in the main languages
- Knowledge of proposal writing, financial management/ budgeting will be an advantage;
- Note: The Project Officer will be based at the regional office in Kisumu.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Officer – Kisumu Office” so as to reach the National Taxpayers Association on or before Wednesday 18th September 2019. We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job