Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is the global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV/AIDS and has reached more than 27 million pregnant women, with services to prevent transmission of HIV to their babies. EGPAF is supporting activities in 19 countries and over 5,000 sites to implement prevention, care and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children and families worldwide. In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment in 12 counties. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Public Health Evaluation Advisor
To be based in Homa Bay
Under the leadership of the Associate Director, Public Health Evaluation & Documentation, the Public Health Evaluation Advisor will support development and implementation of all studies conducted by EGPAF in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in protocol development
- Support program staff in developing concept notes for evaluations
- Prepare research protocols for submission to both local and US-based ethical review committees
- Lead the development of necessary tools and resources including SOPs to implement the studies
- Plan and coordinate the initiation of studies
- Maintain all required regulatory documentation in collaboration with the associate regulatory officer
- Support data collection, quality control and cleaning activities
- Ensure all human subjects research requirements are in place and are adhered to
- Plan, implement, and maintain data collection systems in support of qualitative and quantitative studies
- Plan and coordinate recruitment of research assistants as appropriate
- Provide support for study-related training activities.
- Monitor the progress of research activities; develop and maintain records of research activities, and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, as required.
- Liaise with county and sub county health department as appropriate on study related matters.
- Liaise with the Public Health Evaluation Lead to provide supervisory oversight of project staff, as well as guidance and support for effective implementation.
- Provide study updates throughout implementation and dissemination of results at the end of the studies.
- Support preparation of abstracts and presentations for national and international conferences.
- Support development of manuscripts.
- Monitor research budgets to ensure no overspend.
- Support the development of manuscripts for publication on study results.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Studies, Population Studies/Demography, Health Promotion or related field from a recognized institution.
- 7 years proven experience in research
- 5-7 years of proven experience working with health programs in Kenya
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in social and behavioral sciences and public health
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Ability to conduct needs assessment studies and evaluations
- Experience in writing protocols and reports
- Experience with IRB submissions
- Qualitative analysis skills
- Experience in use of Nvivo ™ , MAXqda or similar qualitative analysis software for thematic coding
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Good knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS issues in the health sector
- Good understanding of research methodologies and research ethics
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Written and spoken knowledge in English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply through the following link