Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Receptionist for our Tatu Primary School for January 2020.This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Learn more about our learning approach here. Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
About the Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Perform a wide variety of clerical and other office functions and activities related to the administration of diverse programs and operations at the school.
- Make and receive phone calls on the school’s telephone lines.
- Schedule meetings for The Principal in line with the diary.
- Facilitate the Public Relations function of the front office.
- Prepare documents ahead of internal meetings as directed by the Principal (photocopying, binding, filing etc.)
- Prepare of documents ahead of external meetings as directed by the Principal (photocopying, binding, filing etc.)
- Prepare documents for internal display on pin-boards or notice boards.
- Respond to routine correspondences and send out scheduled communications.
- Keep custody of the pupils’ attendance registers and any confidential documents on behalf of the Principal.
- Manage petty cash.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have a minimum of 1-year experience working in a school-based environment or fast-paced office setting.
- You have a project and event management diploma/ degree, operations management is desired but not required.
- You have a proven track record of holding yourself and your teammates to high standards of operational excellence.
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- You are a thoughtful planner able to multi-task, prioritise effectively, take initiative, and deliver for many stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a proactive, creative, and measured problem-solver. You have an ability to quickly and calmly identify and analyse problems and to recommend or implement effective solutions.
- You possess a demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (particularly Word and Excel) and Google Suite.
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you?
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.