Entry Level NGO Jobs
Submit CV Here
MRM Mariakani is seeking to hire a qualified Electrical Technician. The candidate must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrate high intergrity and professional ethics and make decisions on the role in a prudent manner. This position reports to the Electrical Engineer.
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Timely carry out Autonomous maintenance (AM) and Planned Maintenance (PM) in order to minimize downtime.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Ensure timely attendance to all electrical breakdowns.
- Ensure that the working environment is safe in relation to electrical installations and good housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensure proper utilization of available spares and keep record of used spares after appropriate services/repairs.
- Ensure work professionalism is adhered to and familiarize with existing production operation procedures.
- To ensure proper description, specification and quantity of machinery spares are forwarded to the store keeper for requisition as well as properly utilize available spares.
- Adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards.
- Diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering from a recognized institution of tertiary education.
- Minimum 3 year’s practical experience as an electrical maintenance technician in a busy manufacturing company.
- Proficiency in trouble-shooting, repair and servicing electrical installations.
- Able to understand and interpret electrical plan and drawings.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to understand and interpret plc basic ladder programs.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit right leadership.
- Ability to plan, prioritize workload in order to meet required deadlines.
- Maintain electrical systems by providing electrical power to all equipment, offering engineering support and managing staff.
- Maintain current knowledge of maintenance methods and practices, including use of diagnostic equipment and procedures recommended by equipment manufacturer.
- Identify gaps in the maintenance processes and implement strategies to close gaps and to improve equipment reliability, sustainability, and reduce maintenance costs.
- Ensure the safe, efficient and accurate maintenance of equipment according to maintenance procedures, instructions and schedules.
- Provides engineering support by responding to requests for Electrical problems.
- Ensure equipment reliability and availability (safe and good condition at all times).
- Ensure effective preventive maintenance programs that will minimize service repairs in the long run, plan and maintain autonomous maintenance.
- Ensure proper planning in advance of major & annual shutdowns and resources are available for the same
- Synchronize maintenance processes with departments in the plant.
- Responsible for managing and completing all maintenance and repair requests from production in a cost effective and timely manner. This includes prompt response to breakdown to minimize down time, overtime cost and interruption of production.
- Timely documentation and records management as required by the business. This includes regular reports for maintenance issues and technical reports.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of health and safety legislation, standards, procedures, and practices.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and audits and identify high risk areas and initiate appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Identify, evaluate, plan, implement, and manage projects to improve equipment and safety performance, reduce costs, and ensure sustainability.
- Initiate, participate and implement improvement programs in maintenance.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Instrumentation &Control Engineering from a recognised University.
- Minimum 8 years experience in similar position in a busy manufacturing company.
- Knowledge in RCA methodology.
- Computer proficiency especially in PM module in SAP – ERP.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified and eligible applicants should submit a comprehensive CV, together with a covering letter supporting the application to email@example.com not later than 10th February, 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.