Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Development), the Registrar (Administration and Human Resources) shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Registrar (Administration and Human Resources).
The Registrar shall be tasked with the following duties and responsibilities among others:
- Coordinate training and development programmes of staff in the University and ensuring their implementation;
- Determine equitable monetary and non-monetary remuneration of employees in the University considering legal and statutory provisions;
- Ensure proper health and safety working conditions as provided for in applicable laws;
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Personnel, Central and Blue Registries;
- Ensure safe custody and maintenance personnel and other records;
- Ensure industrial peace in the University by helping in collective bargaining, joint consultations and settlement of disputes;
- Ensure processing of staff engagement/disengagement is done in accordance with the approved policies;
- Advise top management on formulation and evaluation of human resource programmes, policies and procedures;
- Provide advice to heads of Departments regarding manpower planning, job analysis, design, recruitment and selection of staff;
- Provide Secretariat services to committees of University Management Board and Senate where applicable; and
- Exercise such other powers, perform such other duties, and discharge such other official functions as are assigned to him/her by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor/authorized officer or are prescribed by the policies and regulations of the University.
- Shall be a member of Senate and University Management Board
- Secretary to the University Management Board
- PhD Degree in a relevant area with at least three (3) years working experience as Deputy Registrar Scale 14 or its equivalent.
- CPS (K)/CIHRM or Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant area.
- Must be a full member of the relevant professional body e.g. IHRM and be in good standing.
- ICT Competence.
- Evidence of participation and contribution in seminars/conferences/research related to administration and management
- Knowledge of Management Information and Communication Technologies
- Shown merit and administrative ability in work performance and results.
- Must have certificates in professional courses.
The successful candidate shall hold office on a contract period of five (5) years but may be eligible for reappointment for a further one term in accordance with terms and conditions of service as approved by University Council from time to time.
The post Registrar Admin & HR at Kibabii University appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobwebkenya.com/.