Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Established in 1992, Rescue Dada Centre has grown into an experienced, registered Charitable Children Institution with the capacity to rescue, rehabilitate, reintegrate and resocialise 70 street girls every year and successfully returns former street connected girls into a conducive family environment, where their basic needs are met and they feel a sense of belonging through a secure attachment to caring adults.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Advocacy Coordinator
The M&E and Advocacy Coordinator is responsible for (1) guiding the implementation of RDC’s M&E strategy, and related activities within the programmes, and (2) act as advocate for RDC’s causes and as such steer networking, capacity building of partner organizations and public relation within the organization. The Coordinator will be representing the Director in her absence.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Continuous improvement of RDC M&E system
- Review and improvement of the organizations M&E system, frameworks, procedures, tools, and data management , and its ability to provide relevant, valid and reliable information for steering and learning in RDC;
- Recruit, guide and supervise organizations/consultants that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for evaluating outcomes and impacts of RDC programs;
- Ensure that all RDC staff and service provider contracts include specifications for the internal monitoring required of them;
- M&E capacity building;
Ensuring effective implementation of RDC M&E system by all key stakeholders
- Guide and supervise the implementation of RDC monitoring frameworks by collaborating with and coordinating staff and key stakeholders involved in M&E activities;
- Guide program management in preparing their progress reports; together analyze these reports in terms of problems. Lessons learnt and actions needed.
- Prepare consolidated progress reports for management to submit to relevant bodies in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing;
- Foster participatory planning and monitoring by organizing training, reviews and involving primary stakeholders in the M&E of activities;
- Ensure that generally project monitoring arrangements comply with requirements of funding partners;
- Inform and join external supervision and evaluation missions;
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of the M&E;
- Coordinate the internal and external information sharing, knowledge management based on M&E findings;
- Make regular reports to the RDC management, highlight the areas of concern and preparing the documentation for review meetings;
- Document and facilitate internal and external dissemination/sharing of research findings, case studies, best practices, and lessons learnt.
- Ensure that at all times RDC is informed of conventional monitoring and evaluation approaches, concepts and principles;
- Represent the organization in networking and partnerships that contribute to the improvement of the M&E system. Support to Project / Programme Development
- On the basis of M&E data about the projects/programmes, needs assessments, giving support to the formulation and appraisal of project proposals and programme developments;
Coordinate all networking and advocacy activities
- Develop RDC Advocacy strategy together with the staff;
- Coordinate the implementation of the advocacy strategy of RDC;
- Updating and streamlining RDC Webpage and information material;
- Representation of RDC in relevant networks; Develop and maintain relationships with relevant key stakeholders;
Education and Experience required:
- Kenyan Citizen
- Master Degree in related field (Social Sciences, Statistics, Business Information systems)
- Professional qualification in M&E and Advocacy
- At least three (3) years’ relevant work experience Proven experience with:
- Planning and implementing M&E Systems;
- Logical framework , Theory of Change and other strategic planning approaches;
- M&E Methods and approaches (quantitative, qualitative, participatory);
- Data processing, analysis and report writing.
- Programme and Project Development.
- Sound knowledge of computer packages, advanced knowledge in Excel
- Knowledge of data processing software is an advantage Experience in social work, working with street connected children and communities are an advantage.
EXPECTED CORE COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ATTITUDE:
- Sound Communication skills – empathic communicator, motivator;
- Analytical, problem solving & statistical skills;
- Leadership skills, personnel and team management skills;
- Organized, accurate, independent and result driven working style; Reliable, honest and sincere work attitude.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates are requested to apply via email with the following documents:
- Cover letter explaining why you consider yourself suitable for the position, including salary expectations
- CV and three referees
- Copies of all relevant Certificates
- Certificate of Good Conduct
Please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document.
Only complete applications will be considered!
Applications should be sent via email and not later than 21st January 2019 to RDC Director: email@example.com