We Are Hiring!!
Submit CV Here
The person is responsible for all aspects of systems administration for the Corporate, including servers, applications, and databases.
Corporate IT security
• Performs systems security administration functions,
• Maintain application security, event investigations and compliance enforcement,
• Provide monitoring and primary response and intervention for information technology related security incidents and violations
• Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency
• Ensure sufficient storage space is maintained on servers and other critical stations
• Keeps check on the latest hardware driver updates and accordingly download and deploy the updates across the company
• Perform regular backups
• Centralize the anti-virus definition and deployment to the client computers throughout the company
• Writes or modifies basic scripts to resolve performance problems and automate systems administration tasks
• Performs systems administration functions for the Corporate’ E-mail system
• Ensures that the Internet bandwidth is used optimally across all stakeholders
Documentation and System Logs
• Maintains system documentation and logs
• Document LAN/WAN network related policies and procedures including security
• Assist Deputy Head-ICT in preparing and implementation of policies
• Performs or assists in troubleshooting and diagnosing production/student computer labs/admin office problems; corrects identified problems;
• Manage the helpdesk operations of the department;
• Provide sources such as whitepapers etc that would assist the technicians in better troubleshooting the problems
• Manage and support new and better cost cutting methods e.g. VoIP, Paperless Office.
• Keep current with new Information Technology Security protocols, applicable laws and regulations
• Manage and supervise ICT help desk and provides timely and accurate feedback to the Deputy Head – ICT
• Assists in the implementation of policies and practices detailed in the ICT Systems Policy document.
• Contribute to the overall aims and targets of the organization, appreciate and support the roles of other members of the organization work team and attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
• Be aware of and take part in the organization performance management framework and participate in training and development activities as required.
• Provides first line application software support for a range of software products via telephone, remote access or in person.
• BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
• Professional relevant qualifications in ICT from a recognized institution.
Experience & Key Competencies desired
• At least four (4) years of work experience in managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc;
• Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery with successful service level agreement accomplishments;
• A strong knowledge and proficiency in Windows/Linux Servers, VM Ware, Cloud services and managing complex networks.
• Ability to deliver the ICT function through a team
• Experience in delivering ICT Data Centre services will be an added advantage
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction and feedback from others.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply for the above position by sending their CV, 3 referees’ contacts and cover letter indicating the expected gross salary, addressed to the Deputy Vice Chancellor by 7th February, 2019.
Applications should be forwarded to the Email; email@example.com with the E Mail heading: Systems Administrator.