Admin & Management Jobs
Submit CV Here
Risk Management Unit Officer Job at ICRC Nairobi
The Risk Management Unit (RMU) Officer will contribute to the advancement of the transparency and accountability agenda and will influence the planning and reviewing of risk management strategies within the Somalia Delegation. Under the guidance of the Head of Risk Management Unit (HoRMU), he/she will lead the process of risk identification and mitigation by preparing and providing relevant information to the senior management for decision-making purposes.
- Contributes to the prioritization of Risk Management Unit assessments in coordination with the HoRMU and staff from other departments;
- Implements and follows up monitoring assignments with external consultants;
- Contributes to developing and reviewing data collection methodologies and quality of reporting;
- Reviews project proposals and identifies risk levels and suggests relevant remedial measures;
- Organizes de-briefing sessions with the concerned departments and staff members;
- Follows up on recommendations from various assessments activities and build on lessons learnt, and feed into ongoing processes, systems and projects;
- Conforms to the internal administrative procedures linked to this role and monitors and enforces teams adherence to the same;
- Facilitates a collaborative learning environment to coordinate responsive action to better practices;
- Develops and maintain contact with consultants and service providers (Research and Training);
- Determines additional need for staff and consultants and coordinates with HR department to source for work force;
- Supervises and reviews staff and consultants performance.
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Degree in Development Studies, Sociology, Development economics, Economics, or relevant qualification in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in programme or project management, M&E, risk management, compliance and/or audit;
- Detailed understanding of practicalities and sensitivities involved in implementing emergency assistance and developmental projects in remote areas of Somalia
- Understanding of donor environment and legal requirements by donors
- Deep appreciation of significance of transparency and accountability agenda in remote operations in a highly volatile context
- Proficient knowledge and skills in project cycle management
- Proficiency in Somali and English
- Excellent report writing skills
- Sound knowledge of the humanitarian, political, social and cultural context of Somalia
- Possessing a strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
Note: Somali speaking only!
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 16 December 2018. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.