Admin & Management Jobs
Submit CV Here
Reports To: Accountant (H/OFFICE); Head Teacher
Location: Kisii, Kenya.
Purpose of the job:
responsibility and day to day management and supervision of the financial and
accounting aspect of the school.
Ensures that Accounting policies, controls and guidelines comply with procedures of the parent company-and are adequate and effective.
An effective control system that provides appropriate solutions to internal problems.
Ensures that data comply with
general accepted accounting principles and are fair and complete.
- Ensuring proper fees records are kept at all times and requisite meal cards etc. are issued correctly.
- Ensuring a proper paper trail for each transaction is kept.
- Developing management mechanism of school’s resources & statutory compliance
- Planning and evaluating cost reduction measures
- Managing, evaluating, accounting systems for the school
- Working with auditors in ensuring accountability
- Preparation and monitoring of school budget
- Developing working relations with professionals e.g. bankers, auditors
- Prepare requisitions for different requirements of the school
- Safeguarding the school assets by providing proper coding and records
- Supervising of all support staff members under him/her
- Preparing regular financial reports as instructed from time to time.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Strong communication skills
- Information and task monitoring
- Problem analysis
- supervisory skills
- At least 1-year experience in the accounting practice in a school preferably.
- ATC II or CPA part 2
- Must be conversant with Quick books.
Key Measurable Goals
- School fees collection rates.
- Timely provision of reports, stationery, furniture, kitchen supplies and other requirements in the day to day running of the school.
- Prudent petty cash management.
- Budget preparation and controls.
- High Revenues in comparison to expenditure.
- On time and on budget project completion.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com.