Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Research Assistant -Tech & Web
- Work with CIPIT to achieve the first objective of the CYRILLA consortium which is to increase accessibility and sustainability of digital rights legal data for an expanded multi-stakeholder community, by facilitating coordination and interoperability among existing datasets and initiatives.
- Work with the Research fellow and Tech-Consultant to develop a web-based searchable, open-source database of global digital rights legislation and case law that supports machine readability and interoperability of data sets;
- Work with the team to foster a nascent community of practice to collaboratively refine a shared data model and research on methodology standards;
- Work to further develop Africa ICT Policy Database;
- Provide ready access to all experimental data for the supervisor;
- Attend project meetings, area seminars and other meetings as necessary;
- Prepare progress reports, articles, reports and presentations as needed;
- Attending events on behalf of CIPIT; and
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT / Computer Science or related field required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in web and software development.
- Background in the development and management of Database Management systems (MySQL and SQL knowledge).
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you.
Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Research Assistant-Tech & Web, CIPIT” on the subject line to email@example.com 22nd April 2019.