Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Assistant (Warehouse) and overall guidance of the Logistics Manager, the Supply Chain Intern will provide clerical and administrative support to the Logistics team at IRC Kenya Country office in Nairobi. S/He will work closely with other supply chain staff, including procurement and administration.
- Support the Logistics team in handling of warehousing, transport and other logistical tasks and documentation
- Update the daily stock tracking sheets and forward to supervisor for approval
- Compile suppliers’ delivery documents for payment and submit to Supervisor for review prior to submitting to Procurement to raise payment requests.
- Support the Drivers to prepare monthly vehicle fuel consumption and maintenance reports and submit to Logistics Manager for review
- Filing of supply chain documents in an organized format as agreed with supervisor.
- Expedite delivery of ordered goods and services; follow up on partial deliveries and ensure all purchase orders are fully serviced
- Assist in sending/ receiving of shipments, mailbags and medical samples to/from the field sites
- Support Logistics and Procurement teams to follow up on clearing of imported goods at the airport
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement / Logistics / Business Administration or a closely related field.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Competent with using Computers and computer packages ( Word, Excel and Outlook)
- General knowledge of logistics and administrative procedures and tools
- Good numeracy skills
- Takes personal initiative to learn
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours if necessary.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organization and multitasking skills
Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.