Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
SURVEILLANCE OFFICER REF: TNH/HRD/SO/08/19
Posted: 13 August, 2019
Organization: The Nairobi Hospital
Reporting to the Senior Security Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring
overall security of The Nairobi Hospital, and Outpatient centers, clients, and personnel.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing the functionality of the CCTV surveillance system, Access Control, Intruder/fire alarm system and the parking management system.
- Ensuring the Chief Security Officer is fully briefed on any pertinent matters.
- Formulating operating procedures for security and safety activities in liaison with the Senior Security Officer. E.g. emergency preparedness.
- Preparing reports documenting all significant events and investigations, crimes committed, lost or found property, security lapses and safety hazards.
- Liaising with the government law enforces on security matters affecting the Hospital
- Conducting security surveys with the aim of improving on the Hospital’s integrated security solutions.
- Conducting routine security patrols, monitoring and evaluating performance levels for outsourced services.
- Protecting people, property, information, and TNH reputation.
- Proactively respond to security emergencies within the hospital
- Overseeing security services offered to clients, hospital deliveries, key management and escort cashiers as required from time to time.
- Overseeing the performance of the contracted third party security services operations.
- Planning and coordinate security operations for specific events of the Hospital.
- Representing and defending TNH interest in all forums including civil or criminal litigation matters.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Criminology, Security Management or any other relevant field.
- At least two years working experience in a similar position with reputable security firms or public institution.
- Knowledge on handling internal investigations.
- Technical knowhow in electronic security management systems and use of CCTV operations,
- VHF Radios and security phonetic alphabets
- Experience in security patrols, fire management and emergency responses
- Good written and verbal skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good interpersonal relations, leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Computer literate, flexible and the ability to solve problems in a pressurized environment
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send your application to the Human Resources Director, The Nairobi Hospital, email@example.com
quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to be received not later than 23rd August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.