Entry Level NGO Jobs
Submit CV Here
Community Communications Assistant (CCA)
The Community Communications Assistant will support the entire MMWCA team in the overall coordination and implementation of field-based communications. He/she will be based at the Organizations’ headquarters in Aitong with up to 80% of time spent with key stakeholders, such as landowners, the national and county government, women’s groups, community organizations, tourism partners, and conservancy managers and staff. This includes working to implement the communication strategy on behavior change (under Pillar 4 of the BAND project) and recommendations from the perception survey. The CCA will also work closely with the CEO, COO, Regional Coordinators, M&E Officer and the programs team in providing communications related support including but not limited to: event coordination & attendance, photography, social & traditional media, newsletters & other written materials, and stakeholder engagement & management.
Specifically the CCA will:
- Work closely with the Executive & Communications team to deliver on the behaviour change & perceptions strategies, strengthening MMWCA’s overall profile within the ecosystem
- Support regular communication and face-to-face meetings with key stakeholders, including conservancy management, landowner councils, tourism partners, national and local county government.
- Based on meetings and field activities, identify key strategies to communicate the potential risks and design risk mitigation strategies
- Serve as a key assistant for crisis communications, including landowner disputes, human-wildlife conflict, governance issues, and others that may arise
- Serve as an internal point of contact for event support, including photography and social media
- Provide support on written materials including newsletters, publications, press releases, and others
- Provide support for sourcing daily and weekly updates from all MMWCA projects and partner-related projects in the field
- Raising the profile of MMWCA and its field activities by generating real-time content on our projects and regular updates from the field
- Assist in the creation and implementation of annual communications work plans as needed
- Any other reasonable duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Based at MMWCA’s HQ in Aitong, the CCA will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism
- At least three years relevant experience. Preference for experience working in field communications with NGOs.
- Minimum one (1) year of writing experience – samples required
- Proven experience in identifying and proactively developing story ideas for media
- Proven experience of managing digital communications channels (i.e. social media channels) and using content management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in working with social media, especially with news placement, blogging and awareness campaigns.
- Excellent people management and communication skills with the ability to network and to develop and maintain strong relationships with field staff, conservancy members and our partners.
- Excellent and confident public speaking and presentation skills in English and Swahili. Fluency in Maa language will be an added advantage.
- Photography and videography skills.
- Knowledge of computer software applications and email platforms such as Mailchimp.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to the field are essential.
- Must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
Please express interest and request more information, or apply directly with a cover letter and detailed CV, highlighting relevant experience, 3 writing samples, a daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to reach us by close of business on March 30th 2019 to email@example.com