Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Project Assistant, North Rift Region
North Rift Regional Officer
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Ensure logistical and administrative preparation of all project activities including advocacy meetings, workshops, outreach events and public forums, and ensuring production and or documentation of activity reports and minutes.
- Support publicity campaigns, including providing logistical support for the radio talk shows and other media engagements for the office.
- Assist in project documentation including maintaining a photo database for all activities, and ensuring a comprehensive record of all undertakings (Including documents, minutes and reports).
- Support the North Rift Regional Officer in undertaking legal aid at the office and in the field.
- Ensure an accurate update of the Client Database and proper keeping of Clients’ records.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of contacts and profiles of partners and stakeholders relevant for the Regional Office.
- Assist in conceptualisation and documentation of joint advocacy initiatives of the North Rift Coalition for Good Governance activities
- Support the identification and recruitment of qualified service providers and consultants for tasks specific to the project through circulation of terms of reference and expression of interest documents and compilation of bids received for the tender review process.
- Ensure that all vendors, suppliers and consultants are paid on a timely basis.
- Support the implementation of all ongoing projects of the North Rift Office.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as allocated from time to time
- A degree in Law from a recognized University with at least one (1) year of proven experience in; participatory community-based approaches, dissemination strategies, research and advocacy skills, legal aid, community mobilization and organization.
- Fresh graduates may be considered on the basis of exemplary performance and outstanding skills.
- Knowledge and skills in data entry;
- Good knowledge of TI-Kenya and the environment in which it operates;
- Knowledge of Kenya’s governance legal framework, systems, institutions and their decision-making procedures;
- Willingness to undertake regular field and other external visits;
- Ability to productively interact with different stakeholders and citizens to advance TI-Kenya work;
- Good oral and writing communication skills both in English and Kiswahili;
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and consistently produce high standard work;
- Familiarity with basic computer packages.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one PDF document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees via email to email@example.com by close of business, 30th April 2019. Please include the reference Project Assistant, North Rift Regional Office as the subject of your email applications. Do not attach your testimonials or certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.