Become a Certified Project Management Specialist
The driver is responsible for safe and timely delivery of goods to our customers. He will be tasked with driving and maintaining assigned trucks, as well as working closely with a team of dispatchers in order to plan routes and track deliveries.
- Timely delivery of goods/documents to our customers.
- Plan routes and meets delivery schedules.
- Completing all required documentation before departure and after arrival.
- Obey traffic laws, comply with truck driving rules and regulations (weight, route designations and parking) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Supervise delivery crew and ensure safety of goods, money received from customers and vehicle.
- Report defects, accidents or violations.
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness all the time.
- Check mechanical and operational soundness of the vehicle.
- To check and ensure that all vehicle tools are in place and intact.
- Undertake minor repairs and recommend for major vehicle repairs.
- Have attained O-level certification.
- A valid Kenya driving license class BCE.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- Updated certificate of Good Conduct.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in driving FH trucks preferably in distribution set up.
- Knowledge on Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Be a resident of Thika or its environs, with knowledge of Nairobi, Central and Lower Eastern routes.
How to Apply
If you’ve got the above requirements, we look forward to hearing from you via firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 20th September 2019. Remember to indicate your expected salary and position applied for in the subject line and attach a detailed CV and motivational cover letter.