Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Knowledge Management Officer, (P-2) Nairobi,
- Support countries in ESA region to document lessons learned and best practices for dissemination through regional and global channels, publication or other channels including the SDG Knowledge Platform.
- Support countries to develop visibility products in collaboration with Communication Section in the Regional Office.
- Support countries in the region that received thematic funds from the Netherlands (GTF-N; 18) to document baseline data and progress in implementation of the grants.
- Support countries in the region that received thematic funds from the Netherlands to document lessons learned, process and intermediate outcomes of proof-of-concept interventions and to generate annual field notes and case studies as per grant requirements.
- Prepare, analyze and summarize data related to emergency nutrition programming especially in Southern Africa for sharing with the technical working groups including the Regional Inter-Agency Standing Committee (RIASCO) and the Food and Nutrition Security Working Group (FNSWG).
- Support nutrition assessments and Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) analyses, with a focus on the Southern Africa countries.
- Build and maintain a regional repository of knowledge products for nutrition, including studies, field notes, lessons learned and best practices from the region that are already in existence.
- Documentation of major nutrition-related meetings, including the Regional Nutrition Network Meeting.
- Support the NIS specialist to prepare documentation on progress against stunting reduction in the region (aligned with the mid-term review of the Regional Office Management Plan (ROMP) in 2019):
- Support compilation of regional nutrition database and analysis of trends, for the output indictors as well as outcome indicators.
- Support dissemination of key topics (lessons learned, best practices, innovations, etc.) through the ESA Regional Nutrition Information Focal Point quarterly conference calls and/or through ESAR Webinar series.
Key expected results
- At least 2 lessons-learned documents produced and disseminated throughout the region.
- Support and guidance provided to all countries that received GTF-N funds for development of field notes.
- Southern Africa nutrition situation / up-date information provided to RIASCO and FNSWG.
- Regional repository of knowledge products established and maintained.
- Key knowledge topics disseminated through Regional platforms, including on-line meetings and webinars.
- Final approved Nutrition Network Meeting report available as per SOP timelines (draft within two weeks and final within one month of meeting).
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University Degree in Public health Nutrition, Epidemiology, Nutrition Information Management, Knowledge and Information Management, or related technical field;
- A minimum two years of progressively responsible professional work experience in nutrition information and/or knowledge management;
- Experience of working within UNICEF or other UN entities is an asset;
- Prior experience with knowledge management, network support and information sharing
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese an asset,
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
Dont Miss The Latest Jobs Advertised Today. CLICK HERE to register for FREE