Entry Level NGO Jobs
Submit CV Here
UNES is the Commercial arm of the University charged with responsibility of inculcating entrepreneurial and best business practices to the overall University. The Company provides Institutional and Research consultancy, Professional Trainings and Product Innovations in several thematic areas. Further, UNES provides Bookstores, Hospitality and Financial Management commercial activities to the University community and the public at large.
Reporting to the Kitchen Supervisor, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities
- Implementation of Planned Menus
- Preparation and production of high-quality food that meets the desired customer satisfaction.
- Provision of efficient service of food orders and as per specifications
- Preparing and cooking food in adherence to standard recipes and menu given by the Head Cook/ Kitchen Supervisor
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and safety at work.
- To account for all production resources provided by the Head cook/Kitchen Supervisor and issued from the stores
- Proper handling and use of kitchen equipment as provided for by the Head cook/Kitchen Supervisor
- Provision of world class customer service to the customer
- Perform any other Duties Assigned by the head cook/Kitchen Supervisor
- Certificate in Food Production from a recognized Institution
- Possess minimum of two years practical culinary experience in a 3- or 4-star hotel/restaurant
- Able to work long hours
- Computer literate
- Good food presentation skills
- KCSE certificate
Manager IGU Services
Reporting to the Chief Manager Commercial Operations, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
Planning and executing growth strategies and plans aligned to the Corporate Goals and Objectives
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams, new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Developing business development strategies focused on developing and improving customer satisfaction and financial performance of the business
- Establishing and managing sound relationships with new and existing customers
Negotiating, closing and reviewing business partnership contracts
- Developing and executing business proposal
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Forecasting, identifying trends & challenges within the external and internal business environment
- Preparation of business budgets that deliver highest value to the business
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, Economics, Finance or its equivalent. MBA Qualification will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar position with experience in design and implementation of business development strategies
- Good business acumen and financial planning, marketing skills, strategy development and implementation
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate a team and think creatively and innovatively
- Excellent Organizational, Management and Leadership skills
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal abilities and negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems
Senior HR & Admin Officer
Reporting to Chief Manager, Finance & Administration the incumbent duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop and Implement Human Resource related Policies and Procedures.
- Develop and Implement Staff Development Framework in the organization.
- Develop and implement Employee Performance Management Programs.
- Manage the administration section activities
- Advise employees and line managers on labour issues.
- Manage employees’ Leave.
- Develop and implement Staff retention programs.
- Develop and implement On Boarding and Off Boarding programs.
- Manage Employee Disciplinary matters.
- Manage Recruitment and Selection process within the organisation.
- Maintain the work structure by updating Job Specification and Job Descriptions for all positions.
- Support in developing appropriate Organizational Structure.
- Maintains the Quality Management System for the Section.
- Oversee maintenance of HR filling system and ensure safety of employee records.
- Administration of health and life insurance schemes.
- Coordinates Human Resources related Administrative activities such as; Medical scheme, loans and advances, gender mainstreaming, disability mainstreaming, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention, HIV/AIDS Prevention activities and the staff welfare association.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource or its equivalent
- Membership to Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Five (5) years’ experience preferably in the Public Sector, 3 of which must be at supervisory level
- Knowledge of Kenya Labour Laws and Best Industry Practice.
- Possess good analytical, oral and writing skills
- Possess Good Leadership, human and public relation Skills
- Person with high Integrity and Confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
Reporting to the Chief Manager Finance and Administration, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of timely Management Accounts and Annual Financial Statements
- Ensuring the Bank reconciliations and update of Ledger Accounts is done
- Management of staff payroll and all other payments
- Ensuring full compliance with Statutory and Regulatory Payments, Returns and any other requirements
- Providing monthly and weekly Reports and Analysis for the expenditure, payroll and revenue sections
- Ensuring monthly ledger reconciliations are done
- Responsible for budget preparation and budgetary control
- Responsible for putting in place proper internal controls and procedures within the department.
- Ensuring revenue is collected and accounted for
- Ensuring maintenance of the fixed assets register and marking of assets
- Handling of insurance matters
- Addressing internal and external audits
- Supervise, coach, set targets and appraise staff
- Performing any other duties assigned by CM-F&A
- Possess a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) Degree or equivalent.
- At least 6 years relevant experience 3 of which must be at Accountant level.
- Possess CPA (K) or equivalent and be registered member of ICPAK
- Good working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws.
- Possess relevant computer and analytical skills
- Good communication skills and interpersonal relations
- KCSE C Plain
The incumbent shall report to the Senior Human Resource & Administration Officer and shall be responsible for the following:
- Managing the reception area in a professional way
- Manage incoming and outgoing mails and keep the relevant records
- Coordination of transport logistics within the UNES units
- Allocating duties and supervise the Pool drivers, Motor Cyclist, Office Assistants & Records Assistants
- Ensuring promptly maintenance of vehicles and motor cycle
- Management of the Headquarters store (stocking and issuance of goods)
- Ensuring general cleanliness of the work environment
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Senior Human Resource
- Degree in Business Administration/ Public Relations or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in administrative duties
- Possess good customer/public relations skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong Organization Skills
- Computer literate
- Certificate in stores management will be an added advantage
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Supervisor, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to the Food & Beverage (F&B) Management in all Menu preparations, Kitchen rules, service standards, cleanliness and inventory control for F&B.
- Ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained in the restaurant
- Implementation of quality management systems procedures and file all records and documents.
- High quality food production that meet stringent standards and consistently maintained
- To ensure that high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained
- To ensure that stocks used for production are accurately accounted for.
- Work closely with the Supervisors to plan menus that would attract and retain customers
- To ensure efficient service delivery is maintained in the kitchen
- To ensure food variety is provided and it meets every customer’s expectation and specification.
- To ensure that kitchen equipment and crockery is properly maintained.
- Supervise, set targets and appraise all kitchen staff
- To develop and demonstrate proper use of standard recipes
- Analyzing cost margins and control costs of production
- Identify training needs of cooks and other kitchen staff
- Ensure world – class customer service is provided
- Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor
- Diploma in Food Production or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience as a Head Cook/Chef in a busy 3 to 4-star restaurant
- Ability to guide and supervise staff
- Must be conversant with food and beverage cost control and accountability
- Other certificates relevant to the job i.e. kitchen supervision will be an added advantage Computer literate
- Minimum C plain in KCSE
- Innovative and quality conscious
- Good food presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure& long hours
Reporting to the Manager, Strategy Delivery & Coordination, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that legal risks are identified, and appropriate courses of action are taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management, especially on contract management
- Review and advise Management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies ensuring that they are in compliance with all regulatory, statutory and legal requirements
- Review progress of outstanding litigations and advise management accordingly.
- Representation and Management of cases in tribunals and courts in Liaison with the Company Secretary, UoN Legal Office and External Lawyers appointed by UNES
- Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Preparation of updates to Management in relation to amendments to statutes and legislation.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the management’s attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
- LLB degree from a recognized University and practice Certification
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in a busy legal department preferably in a commercial entity
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills necessary for interaction with stakeholders
- Knowledge of dealing with the Government and/or Commercial Contract Administration; particularly Contract Negotiation, Preparation and Administration
- Ability to provide independent advice to senior level management on technical matters
- In depth knowledge of Regulatory Law
- Good planning and organization skills
Method of Application
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download here) fully filled and signed
Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before February 22, 2019 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard Copies will not be accepted.
Chief Manager, Finance & Administration UNES LIMITED P.O.BOX 68241-00200 NAIROBI
Shortlisted Candidates shall be required to comply with chapter six of the constitution of Kenya requirements by submitting the following documents.
- Certificate of Good Conduct/ Police Clearance Certificate
- CRB Clearance Certificate
- HELB Clearance/Compliance Certificate
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Certificate
- Kenya Revenue Authority Clearance Certificate
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.