Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Job Type: Internship
Closing Date: October 23rd, 2019
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments in the high growth Kenyan Region. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products due to the large banking spread, and the lack of institutional grade real estate; by providing high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold. With offices in Nairobi, Nakuru, Nyeri and Kisumu – Kenya and Washington, DC – USA, we are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, education, and hospitality. Our financial services investments in Sub Saharan Africa are made through our Cytonn Africa Financial Fund (CAFF). Investments in education and hospitality are made through Cytonn Education Services and Cytonn Hospitality, respectively.
We are looking for a creative UI design intern with a keen eye and up-to-date with modern design trends and willing to give back to the design community. Your work must be clean, modern and inspiring. Mastery of all aspects of design is not necessary but we prefer a designer who is not locked to one line.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us improve our applications.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
We provide workspace, fast internet, MacBook, books, and online resources to help you achieve your set deliverables while building on your skills.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is not targeting software engineers, computer scientists, programmers or web developers. Only designers who spend considerable time working with Photoshop, Illustrator and equivalent software need to apply.
- Work with the UI and Service Designers to optimise products and services for a range of client touch points
- Conduct user research and usability testing to ensure all designs meet client and user requirements
- Analyse all research and feedback to gain user insight – and incorporate this feedback into new designs
- Assist in the production of wireframes, prototypes, concept sketches, interaction designs and user flows using key tools such as XD, Sketch, Balsamiq and InVision
- Help to create clean and simple user-centred designs
- Work with developers and designers to build user-friendly web and mobile apps
- Develop a design standard and maintain design consistency and coherence across all Cytonn and customer products.
- At least C- in KCSE or Equivalent. Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Design or related training is an added advantage
- Passion for entering the world of User Interface and User Experience design of web and mobile applications
- Ability to accurately complete detail-oriented work both independently and with others
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with design and research tools (Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, UXPin, Sketch, Balsamiq, and InVision)
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and practices
- Proficient in wire-framing and comfortable producing concept sketches and user flows
- Good working knowledge of HTML and CSS is an added advantage
- Portfolio of design projects