Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Position: Social Marketers (3 Posts)
About the Company
Nyeri Water & Sanitation Company Ltd (NYEWASCO) is a registered company fully owned by the County Government of Nyeri and licensed By Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB), as a Water Service Provider through a service provision agreement with a mandate to provide water and sanitation services to Nyeri Town Sub County and its environs.
The Water Sector Trust Fund (WSTF), being a pro-poor funding agency and a key player in the Kenyan water and sanitation sector, is implementing the “Up-Scaling of Basic Sanitation for the Urban Poor (UBSUP)” programme in Kenya’s low-income urban areas. The programme, which aims to improve the access of the urban poor to basic sanitation and safe water, focuses on urban sanitation hotspots with a targeted beneficiary base of 400,000.
An important component of the overall UBSUP programme is the social marketing programme which focuses on the social marketing of improved toilets and improved sludge management in the targeted urban low-income areas. Although social marketing will focus on the sale of improved toilets, attention will be given to the various elements of the entire sanitation value chain, including the marketing of the services provided by manual Emptiers and decentralized treatment facilities.
In order to ensure the Company delivers on its mandate, we now seek to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and self-driven candidates who will provide the capacity of the above post for a period of 3 months.
- Community mobilization and awareness creation regarding sanitation.
- Organizing and holding public meetings (barazas) and baraza show.
- Involving opinion leaders in the SafiSan project & SafiSan toilet promotion.
- Organizing and implementing SafiSan Mini Fairs.
- Organizing and holding household and plot-level social marketing sessions.
- Collecting data and data transfer to the Water Service provider (WSP).
- Assisting in toilet site identification and selection of appropriate type of toilet.
- Determining the number of required toilet units.
- Monitoring construction of SafiSan toilets and providing advice to Local Artisans and customers
- Training toilets users on toilet use, cleaning and maintenance.
- Post-construction monitoring of SafiSan toilets to ensure sustainable use.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in commercial or social marketing.
- Certificate in marketing, business administration or related field from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with various sanitation technologies and demonstrated work experience in implementing hygiene promotion and hygiene education programs.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff and community.
- At least Diploma with health-related educational background.
- Experience in hygiene promotion or providing hygiene education.
- Substantial previous experience, with a satisfactory performance in marketing
- Understanding of advocacy, beneficiary selection, land and shelter issues.
- Must be able to prioritize and have excellent multitasking, documentation and reporting skills.
- Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to remain focused under pressure with a commitment to work hard and for long hours.
- Ability to demonstrate basic skills of households and plots engagement and mobilization into practice.
- Ability to effectively liaise with local government, households, plots and community leaders and other stakeholders and conduct hygiene promotion for households and plots owners.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
- Flexible and creative, and it helps if you have a sense of humour.
- Goal oriented and visionary.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities.
- Gender sensitive.
- Ability to understand the political, religious and cultural contexts of the households and plots and use this culture as an input for awareness and mobilization activities as well as for social marketing at household and plot level.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English and Swahili; knowledge of local languages is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and clearance certificates.
Indicate the position and reference applied for on the envelope and address to:
The Managing Director
Nyeri Water & Sanitation Co. Ltd
P.O. BOX 1520-10100, Nyeri.
Properly referenced applications may also be hand-delivered at the offices of Nyeri Water & Sanitation Co. Ltd located off Kenyatta Road, Behind Nyeri County Fire Offices.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to immediate disqualification;
NYEWASCO is an equal opportunity employer; women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; Applications should be received on or before Monday, 2nd December 2019 by close of business