Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Position: Secretary General
The Organization of Eastern and Southern Africa Insurers (OESAI) is a member-based Insurance organization that aims to promote the business and practice of insurance through encouraging and enhancing co-operation in the field of insurance and reinsurance and their related activities among companies operating in the Eastern and South Africa Region.
OESAI is seeking to fill the position of the Secretary General on a five-year fixed contact basis. The position is currently based in Nairobi, Kenya. This may change as the Management Board makes decisions on the most suitable Host country for OESAI. A sustainable remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
The Secretary General will report to the Chairperson and the Management Board of OESAI in a manner which ensures that the OESAI Secretariat discharges its mandate and obligations consistent with the OESAI Constitution.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
The successful candidate will:
- Provide strategic leadership and direction
- Possess a high degree of administrative skills
- Have an in-depth knowledge of insurance and reinsurance markets in Eastern and Southern Africa and worldwide.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of Eastern and Southern Africa financial markets
- Be capable of ensuring and maintaining an effective interface with key stakeholders including OESAI Management Board, OESAI Members, OESAI Staff, and Key regional stakeholders, international and African stake holders
- A Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Finance, Business Management, or related qualification. (An MBA would be a distinct advantage)
- At least Ten (10) years work experience in an executive position with a proven track record
- Good financial literacy
- Experience and knowledge in Skills development in the insurance industry
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Convening General and Management Board Meetings including all the prerequisite Secretariat duties attendant to the same.
- Managing the financial and investment affairs of the organization
- Developing and taking forward the OESAI programmes in line with the objective of the organization
- Coordinating preparations for the organization’s annual conferences, annual general meeting and meetings of the Management Board, and organizing the organization’s training workshops
- Effectively communicating with the Organization’s members
- Marketing the organization and growing its membership
- Creating value for members through activities that will encourage members and non- members to join OESAI and participate in the Organization’s activities
- Any other duties as may be prescribed by the Management Board or the Members, or as stated in the Constitution.
- All short listed candidates will be subjected to a security check, and psychometric tests.
Applications Must Consist Of The Following Information:
- A comprehensive Cover Letter
- Notice required in the current position
- Residence status
- A complete CV which includes academic and work history, languages spoken and a copy of
- National Identity document.
Forward Your Application To: email@example.com
Deadline: Applications should be submitted and received by the 15th November 2019.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted