Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
19 Open Positions, KeNHA Jobs, Inspector (Roads) Jobs
- The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works was established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 and charged with the mandate to manage, develop, rehabilitate
- and maintain national roads. In order to carry out this mandate effectively, the Authority wishes to fill the following vacant positions with creative, proactive, visionary and tenacious Kenyan citizens with the ability to quickly adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Deputy Director, Land Survey, Grade 3 (Ref. No. KeNHA/DD-LS/002/ 2020 )– 1 Position
- Deputy Director, Human Resource Management (Ref. No. KeNHA/DD-HRM/003/2020) Grade 3 – 1 Position
- Assistant Land Surveyor, Grade 8 (Ref. No. KeNHA/ASST.LS/005/ 2020)– 3 Positions
- Inspector (Roads), Grade 8 (Ref. No. KeNHA/INSP./006/ 2020) – 14 Positions
For the detailed Job Profile and Specification, and general information on KeNHA, please visit the Authority’s website www.kenha.co.ke.
How To Apply
- KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons living with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply. Applicants living with disability are requested to indicate their status on the application cover letter for ease of identification.
- Prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of Leadership and Integrity set out in Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya and shall be required to present the following documents during the interview.
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission Clearance Certificate
- Kenya revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate or proof of ongoing repayments
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by National Police Service
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- The terms of appointment for the positions of Deputy Director, Land Survey and Deputy Director, Human Resource Management shall be for a Three (3) year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The terms of service for the positions of Assistant Land Surveyor and Road Inspector shall be Permanent and Pensionable.
- Candidates who meet the requirements detailed in the Job Specifications should submit their applications so as to reach the specific address shown below by close of business on 6th July, 2020 at 5.00pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport.
Applications for all positions should be addressed to:-
The Director General,
Kenya National Highways Authority,
Barabara Plaza, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA)
Off Airport South Road, along Mazao Road
P.O. Box 49712 – 00100 Nairobi.
- Applications for Deputy Director, Land Survey and Deputy Director, Human Resource Management clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 4 th Floor (Outside the Director Generals Office) OR Emailed to Boardrecruitment@kenha.co.ke.
- Applications for Assistant Land Surveyor and Road Inspector (Roads) positions clearly quoting the reference number should be hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 2 nd Floor (Outside the Human Resource Management Office) OR Emailed to Managementrecruitment@kenha.co.ke.
- Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
INSPECTOR, (ROADS), KeNHA GRADE 8 – (Ref. No. KeNHA/INSP./006/2020)
- The job holder shall responsible for supervision and inspection of road works.
b) Job Description
Duties and responsibilities at this level entail:-
- Supervising all roads construction and maintenance works;
- Preparing and maintaining site records and other road work records;
- Preparing roadwork programmes in liaison with the supervisor;
- Selecting and locating suitable materials for Road works;
- Assisting in collecting data on road inventory;
- Ensuring that all site records are prepared on time and submitted as required;
- Advising on priorities for maintenance programmes;
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
c) Job Specifications
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Graduate Engineering Technician from the Institution of Engineers of Kenya or a relevant professional body / institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview