Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Kibabii University Jobs, 23 Positions, Administrative And Teaching Vacancies
- Pursuant to Part V Section 35 of the Universities Act 2012, Part IV Section 23 of the Kibabii University Charter, 2015 and Kibabii University Statutes 2019, the University invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for the following vacant positions:
- Associate Professor (Educational Communication and Technology (Religious Education)) Scale 14 KIBU/ACA/8/ 2020 1 Position
- Associate Professor (Mathematics Education) Scale 14 KIBU/ACA/9/ 2020 1 Position
- Senior Lecturer (Marketing) Scale 13 KIBU/ACA/10/ 2020 1 Position
- Senior Lecturer (Nursing) Scale 13 KIBU/ACA/11/ 2020 1 Position
- Senior Lecturer (Literature) Scale 13 KIBU/ACA/12/ 2020 1 Position
- Lecturer (Environmental Science) Scale 12 KIBU/ACA/13/ 2020 1 Position
- Lecturer (Biological Sciences/Zoology) Scale 12 KIBU/ACA/14/ 2020 1 Position
- Lecturer (Nursing) Scale 12 KIBU/ACA/15/ 2020 1 Position
- Lecturer (Organic Chemistry) Scale 12 KIBU/ACA/16/ 2020 1 Position
- Lecturer (Molecular Biology/Genetics) Scale 12 KIBU/ACA/17/2020 1 Position
- Lecturer (Cooperative Management) Scale 12 KIBU/ACA/18/ 2020 1 Position
- Lecturer (Physics) Scale 12 KIBU/ACA/19/ 2020 1 Position
- Lecturer (Strategic Management) Scale 12 KIBU/ACA/20/ 2020 1 Position
- Lecturer (History) Scale 12 KIBU/ACA/21/ 2020 1 Position
- Tutorial Fellow (Physics Education) Scale 11 KIBU/ACA/22/ 2020 1 Position
- Lecturer (Entrepreneurship) Scale 12 KIBU/ACA/23/ 2020 1 Position
- Tutorial Fellow (Sociology of Education) Scale 11 KIBU/ACA/24/ 2020 1 Position
- Tutorial Fellow (Human Resource Management) Scale 11 KIBU/ACA/25/ 2020 1 Position
- Tutorial Fellow (Computer Education) Scale 11 KIBU/ACA/26/ 2020 1 Position
- Finance Officer Scale 15 KIBU/ADM/2/ 2020 1 Position
- Deputy Chief Medical Officer Scale 14 KIBU/ADM/3/ 2020 1 Position
- Deputy Chief Legal Officer/ Council Secretary Scale 14 KIBU/ADM/4/ 2020 1 Position
- Assistant Registrar (Human Resource) Scale 12 KIBU/ADM/5/ 2020 1 Position
Finance Officer Scale 15 – KIBU/ADM/2/2020 (1 POST) – Re-Advertisement: Vacancy June 2020
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Development), the Finance Officer shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Finance Officer.
The Finance Officer shall be tasked with the following duties and responsibilities among others:
- Ensure the development of financial policies to ensure a standardized system of operations in the management of the University’s finances;
- Budget preparation to ensure efficient and effective utilization of the University’s resources and submission of the budget to the parent ministry and the National Treasury within the statutory deadlines;
- Preparation of financial statements to ensure compliance with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010, PFM Act, 2012, International Public Sectors Accounting Standards and Public Audit Act, 2003 for submission to the auditor General before the statutory deadlines;
- Preparation of the quarterly reports and financial statements for submission on or before the statutory deadline in line with the PFM Act, 2012;
- Update the Council regarding changes in legislation or regulations that may affect the University’s business operations;
- Ensure maintenance of the University assets register on both movable and immovable assets;
- Setting up Internal controls to ensure minimization of errors, and frauds in the institution’s financial operations;
- Ensure adherence to financial regulations, policies, legislations, and applicable Accounting & ISO Standards;
- Liaison with external and internal auditors on the audit of Institution’s books of accounts and maintenance a good working relationships;
- Implements authorized and approved payments to facilitate activities of the University;
- Supervision of Finance department staff to ensure assignments are carried out efficiently and effectively in order to maintain the set standards;
- Coaching and mentoring of staff through assignment and guiding in execution of the activities to ensure high standards are met to satisfy interests of customers;
- Liaison with Government Agencies and other institutions on financial matters to ensure timely disbursement of resources;
- Ensure participation of Finance Department staff in continual education programs and career advancement;
- Evaluation of staff in the Finance Department to ensure adherence to the performance targets; and
- Perform any such other duties as may be assigned or delegated Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Development).
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this position one must have:
- PhD, Masters and Bachelors Degree in a relevant area from a recognized University with 12 years working experience 3 of which as Deputy Finance Officer Scale 14 or its equivalent
- OR Masters and Bachelors in a relevant area from a recognized University with 15 years working experience 5 of which as Deputy Finance Officer Scale 14 or its equivalent.
- CPA (K).
- Registered membership of ICPAK or an equivalent Accounting body.
- Practical experience of ICT is mandatory at this level.
- Consistently demonstrated outstanding qualities for leadership, coordination and organization capabilities at top management level.
- ICT Competence.
Terms and Conditions:
- The successful candidate shall hold office on a contract period of five (5) years but may be eligible for reappointment for a further one term in accordance with terms and conditions of service as approved by University Council from time to time.
Deputy Chief Medical Officer Scale 14 – KIBU/ADM/3/2020 (1 POST): Vacancy June 2020
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Development), the Deputy Chief Medical Officer shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Medical Officer.
The Deputy Chief Medical Officer shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure sustained and effective relationships between the University Health Centre and the University Management;
- Ensure that the University Medical Centre operates in accordance with its vision, mission, plans and policies set by the Board, by overseeing quarterly Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E);
- Shall be the Head of the University Health Centre;
- Ensure prudent and economical resource management for the University Health Centre;
- Oversee, promote and maintain the culture of clinical research and training and ensure that the Hospital has sufficient infrastructure facilities to support it;
- Oversee, initiate, establish and maintain inter-institutional collaboration and strategic partnership with other relevant healthcare institutions in clinical referral, clinical research and training services in the region and beyond;
- Develop and foster effective collaboration among the Hospital’s departments, staff leadership, faculty and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach to providing services, and fulfilling the clinical service delivery, research and training goals and objectives;
- Promote and ensure a culture of compliance with all established statutory and professional regulations and requirements, good governance principles and best practices in the health center;
- Oversee and ensure competitive compensation of human resources in order to attract and retain highly skilled individuals in the health Centre; and
- Work through the Management team and medical leadership of the clinic, serving as a resource to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, achieve effective utilization and quality goals and objectives, analyze and utilize information to develop and support management decisions.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Be a qualified medical doctor with Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB/MBBS) degree from a recognized University.
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Medicine, Pediatrics; Cardiothoracic Surgery; Dermatology; Public Health or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Fifteen (15) years’ working experience 3 of which as Senior Medical Officer Scale 13 or its equivalent in a busy government or private medical institution;
- Be registered by the Kenya Medical and Dentists, Practitioners Board;
- Have a current practicing license;
- Be ICT Competent;
- PhD Degree in a relevant area is an added advantage.
How to apply:
- Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must be attached to the email application.
Applicants must also submit the following current documents:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department- (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general which should be sent to the address below by the application deadline.
All applications should clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position and submitted as follows:
- Ten (10) hard copies
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email be sent to the following email: email@example.com
Applications must be sent on or before 15th July, 2020 addressed to:
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. Box 1699 – 50200
Kibabii University-Main Campus,
Administration Block, Third Floor, Room ABA 308.
- Kibabii University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
- The University does not charge any fee for the whole recruitment and selection exercise.
- Any form of canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click Here for other Positions
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview